|This page contains deprecated information about Elder Scrolls Online content.
The content described here was removed from the game after Update 16.
|Location||Auridon, Daggerfall, Davon's Watch, Ebonheart, Glenumbra, Saint Delyn Waistworks, Saint Delyn's Inn, Stonefalls, Tamriel, Vivec City, Vulkhel Guard, Vvardenfell|
Canthion is a Bosmer housing broker and associate of the Architects Guild who can be found inside the bank of either Daggerfall, Davon's Watch, Vulkhel Guard or Vivec City. He will offer to give you some property if you help him with a personal matter.
A Friend In Need
Talking to him, he'll say, "If you're here about the property, you'll need to return later. I'm dealing with some … unforeseen complications."
- What seems to be the problem?
- "Until recently, Bulag Idolus was my tenant. When I learned she used my property to run a skooma operation, she broke into my office and absconded with the deed!
Without it, the Guard does nothing. They don't believe I own the place! It's a total loss."
- Anything I can do to help?
- "I … yes, you can. I can't have the place tarnishing my good name. If you recover the deed and key, I'll sign it over to you.
Bulag Idolus had a falling out with her old partner—Szugogroth, I think? Try finding him wherever scum accumulates in town."
- I'll find Szugogroth in the nearest Outlaws Refuge.
This begins the quest.
- "Thank you for helping me handle this … unusual issue. I assure you, I thought Bulag Idolus was entirely upstanding. She fled the Imperial City before the troubles. Though I always assumed it was because of the Daedra. Hmm …."
When you return with the deed:
- "Any luck in tracking down Bulag Idolus?"
- Here, I have your deed and key.
But you should keep those. I think you'd be perfectly suitable to take over the property. Consider it compensation for your efforts!"
- All right. So the property is all mine?
- "Almost. Before I sign it over, I'd like to ensure you'll furnish the place.
Not to imply you're going to run skooma from the property, of course!"
- I have no plans to do that.
- [Lie] I have no plans to do that.
Both lead to the same reply.
I'll mark the address on your map. Meet me there when you've acquired some furniture and I'll make it official."
- I'll get some furniture and meet you there.
Before you leave you can ask where to find furniture:
- "Meet me at the property once you've acquired some furniture."
- Where can I get furniture?
- "Some merchants sell furniture—try there, if you need something basic. You might get a better deal on quality furniture from guild traders.
If you have the time and skill, I suppose you could craft it yourself."
Once you have found some furniture, you can meet him outside the apartment marked on your map:
- "You have some furniture, then? Wonderful"
- I have what you requested.
- "Shall we complete our transaction, free of the concerns of skooma runners?"
- I'm ready to own some property.
- "Then let me congratulate you on your new home.
Some may think it modest, but I've always preferred to think of it as "cozy"."
- That's all there is to it?
- "Yes, the house is yours "in deed."
Do you … oh, never mind."