|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Cadwell in the Harborage.
- Activate the Light of Meridia.
- Complete Cadwell's Almanac Silver objectives.
- Return to Cadwell.
The Light of Meridia
This short quest begins at the conclusion of the Main Quest, when you are teleported back to the Harborage. Cadwell will be present upon your return, and will request to speak with you. He will tell you that he now serves Meridia, and that it is her wish that you explore Tamriel through the eyes of your enemies. He will guide you to a Light of Meridia now located on a nearby pedestal and urge you to touch it. Doing so will transport you to your first veteran alliance; your destination depends on your own faction allegiance.
- Aldmeri Dominion members will be teleported to the Pact island of Bleakrock Isle.
Daggerfall Covenant members will be sent to the Dominion island of Khenarthi's Roost.
Ebonheart Pact members will be sent to the Covenant island of Stros M'Kai.
Note that you can return to your original faction territory at any time by using a wayshrine.
In order to complete the quest and gain access to Cadwell's Gold and the third alliance, you must complete the location objectives listed in Cadwell's Almanac, a new section that is added to the Journal. The objectives are sorted by Zone under the Silver tab. The quests required for Cadwell's Almanac are a subset of the alliance story quests; if you want to experience the full storyline in the new alliance zones, you will need to seek out the introductory quest for that alliance:
- → Ebonheart Pact: Captain Rana will offer the quest A Beginning at Bleakrock.
→ Aldmeri Dominion: Razum-dar will offer the quest Storm on the Horizon.
→ Daggerfall Covenant: Tumma-Shah will offer the quest The Broken Spearhead.
Back to the Harborage
After you complete the necessary quests, you return to Cadwell in the Harborage.
- "You've done it again, haven't you? You're a hero, twice over! Brilliant!"
- It's been a long journey.
- "So it has, so it has! Are you feeling enlightened? Lighter? Lit? Why you would want to keep mucking around in Tamriel is beyond me. Nasty place. How-how do you get the smell out of your clothing?"
He gives you Meridia's Charm of the Dawn, the Soul-Shriven motif book, and some gold.