Oblivion talk:Allies for Bruma/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past Oblivion talk:Allies for Bruma discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 Ulrich and Viera
- 2 Ocato
- 3 Comment on invisibility / chameleon gear
- 4 Anvil gate
- 5 Oblivion gate at Skingrad
- 6 Xbox 360 Main Quest Glitch
- 7 Help from the guilds?
- 8 what
- 9 Flame Atronachs note removed
- 10 Trouble with Bravil
- 11 How famous can you get?
- 12 Kvatch
- 13 Location
- 14 Stone Question
- 15 skip
- 16 Count Of Skingrad
- 17 Count of Skingrad
- 18 Cant get skingrad stone
- 19 Where is the gate?
- 20 Getting soldiers from Kvatch
- 21 Anvil Gate
- 22 Attack on Fort Sutch bug?
Ulrich and Viera
I did the quest where Ulrich gets thrown in the dungeons before allies for bruma so he can't help bruma and the count of bravil died so I can't have Viera as aid either. Is there a way to get them as aid anyway? If not, will I still have a chance in the battle?
- When I did it, he did'nt even join in, he just walked off in the opposite direction (back to Cheydinhal I assume) whilst every other guardsman walked towards the gate.
Burd asks you to go to the Elder Council for help as well but when I went to Ocato the topic doesn't come up for me in the conversation options. No objective marker appears in Imperial City and the quest completes as soon as you have troops from all 8 minor cities. Can someone confirm or deny whether you can get troops from Imperial City?
- Ditto for the Guilds which are also mentioned in the initial journal entry. --Trithemius 03:50, 8 April 2006 (EDT)
- I never had that problem, but wasn't able to get troops from Imperial City. I spoke to Ocato, and the conversation option was there, but he told me that the Imperial Army was fully deployed all across Tamriel and there were currently no troops to spare, so the cities were on their own for the moment. QuillanTalk 15:49, 2 May 2006 (EDT)
For me, an objective marker did appear in the Imperial City before I aquired aid from all the other cities. However, when I followed the objective marker to the Imperial Palace District, the marker changed and pointed to the basement of "The First Defense" (or whatever the store is called in the Market District) where an entrance to the "Old Way" is located. I didn't follow this lead, and instead completed the quest by aquiring the aid of all the other cities, and the objective marker then disappeared.
Yeah, while i was in the imperial palace for the theives guild, I had an invisibility ption, and i saw Ocato and spoke to him, and there was an option for aid for Bruma, and he said that he would send troops there, but after i left from talking to him, he and many other imperial soldiers attacked me, so i reverted to a save i did before I talked to him. Joh777nny 10:38, 5 May 2006 (EDT)
- If you don't need to contact the guilds to complete this quest can this be made clear? I haven't completed this quest yet so I'm not sure. Grandmaster z0b 22:05, 4 March 2007 (EST)
- Done :) --Nephele 22:28, 4 March 2007 (EST)
Comment on invisibility / chameleon gear
I'm using two sigil enchanted chameleon items, as well as the Ring of Khajiiti. This gives 95 chameleon, and is enough to sneak past anyone without them spotting you. So 3 items is enough, giving you more available items for other enchantments. They will spot you if you stand up in front of them, or sometimes if you attack them, making it a bit more exciting as well compared to wearing 100+ chameleon gear.
It was rather hard for me to find the way up to the main tower inside the Anvil's Oblivion gate. First, you have to locate the entrance to tunnels ("Worm Gut Channels") (in front of one of the smaller towers; soon after the firing 'thing', at the right). The next untrivial thing is to find the entrance to the Wastes of Oblivion, once you're in the "Mire of ash". The trick is that you don't see the second level higher up on the map. --Nickolay 14:28, 17 September 2006 (EDT)
Oblivion gate at Skingrad
I'm in the gate of oblivion you know the one with 3 towers. 2 none functional. Anyways as i proceed to the top of the first tower, I have to pull a ladder to make a bridge extend to the second none functional tower. When I pull the ladder I get a text saying that the bridge is beeing extended. So of course I go to the bridge... and it isnt extended. What to do about this ?? has anyone encounterd this problem? Please I need help..— Unsigned comment by Adiis (talk • contribs)
- See the page Random Oblivion World 4. Basically, you're at the wrong bridge... the one that got extended is in the Sigillum Sanguis, not the one half-way up the tower. --Nephele 16:51, 17 October 2006 (EDT)
Hmm.. " In the Shrine room, you will activate the "geared batten," triggering a large gear mechanism and a message that you have opened one of two locks.
In the Shrine room there is a second exterior door; that bridge has now been extended, allowing you to go directly to the Shrine room of the second peripheral tower" I went to this bridge... it wasn't extended. (this is at the Sorrow Keep)i would hate having to cheat up my acrobatics to jump over, i c no other option :/ Help >.< // Adis
- Worst case, descend back to ground level, walk across to the other tower, and climb it. There are alot of options other than trying to jump from one tower to the other. --Nephele 12:34, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
I am doing the Aid for Bruma quest and I have goten aid from all the cities except for Skingrad. I closed the oblivion gate before I talked to the count and I also did the vampire cure quest. And whenever i try to go and talk to him he always says "Please Go" and then it wont give me a choice to do anything. So then i went looking for other close oblivion gates and i found 2 others. I closed both of them then i went to ask the count for aid and he still syas "please Go". What do i do...HELP.— Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk)
- You should have completed the quest to the point where the Count awards you for your services and completes the quest Vampire Cure, and if you have encountered the glitch where he doesn't ever stop mourning, which is listed on that page's bug list. --Darkheart 00:36, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
I had the same problem noted above in the Sorrow Keep. I opened the lock and neither of the two bridges in that tower extended. I tried to use the lock again and got a message saying that it was already released and couldn't be used again. I ended up just jumping across the lava to the "real" tower because nothing would happen. 220.127.116.11 16:22, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- I can confirm the same bug. This world works ok in common Gates. In Skingrad Gate I had to tcl to the main tower because none of the bridges worked for me. oxyk 18.104.22.168 18:16, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
Xbox 360 Main Quest Glitch
For some reason for myself and a few others i have seen on the internet, Miscarcand does not seem to become available regardless of the number of gates closed for this and completing the "Blood of the Divines" quest.
Help from the guilds?
How? I'm grandmaster of the fighters guild and I have no idea how to send some fighters guild members to aid burma... 22.214.171.124 13:19, 19 January 2007 (EST)
- You can't get anone to help from the fighters guild. --Ratwar 17:14, 19 January 2007 (EST)
- Perhaps "help from the guilds" is a clue that anyone who has achieved Archmage status within the Mages Guild can recruit the services of a single Apprentice, and anyone with the post of Listener in the Assassins Guild can secure the services of a single Dark Brotherhood Murderer. Posting these recruits nearby Bruma's defenders will cause them to automatically assist in the defense. For that matter, you can post any horses you own near the defenders, and they will automatically assist with the defense too. If you own Shadowmere, then you don't need to worry about him dying because he'll just be knocked out, and any horses you owned before him are expendible... -- BBrassfield
Actually, I just went to that URL, and it was less complete than my list above, because it neglected to mention the Apprentice Mage and horses (other than Shadowmere). (Try clicking on the link "Followers" in the Defense of Bruma URL and you will see that the Archmage's Apprentice Mage does not appear anywhere in the list. Perhaps someone would want to correct this ommission.) It recommended the Adoring Fan in order to draw attention, but I intentionally neglected him because he is a noncombatant and merely runs away at the first sign of combat. -- BBrassfield
- Umm.... "Mage Apprentice" is on Followers, following "Knight of the Nine" and before "Maglir"; the NPC's name is "Mage Apprentice" not "Apprentice Mage", so listing him under "M" is the appropriate place. And not to quibble over details, but I'd say a list of 30-odd NPCs who can follow you is somewhat more complete than a list of just two of the NPCs. In any case, if you feel that there are omissions from the list (either missing NPCs or more details needed), you can edit the page as readily as anyone else, and add any information you believe needs to be there. --NepheleTalk 14:33, 13 August 2007 (EDT)
OK, I didn't check under "Mage Apprentice" because the correct English honorific would be "Apprentice Mage." However, they still forgot horses. Regarding the list of 30 NPCs, notice that almost the complete list of "Followers" retain that distinction only for specific quests. They cannot follow you to the defense of Bruma. Only the ones that I listed can do that. (I suppose it would be possible to leave 20-some-odd quests uncompleted, at the cost of seriously disabling your character due to lack of rewards.)
- by the way BBrassfield, shadowmere is female just for future reference Volanaro 12:57, 1 February 2008 (EST)
I was going to see if I could get some master training in Athletics. I walked through the gates into the docks, and I got a message saying I've closed the oblivion gate outside of Anvil and I should see the countess. Only problem is, I finished the main quest a few days ago. Thunderhorse 11:34, 18 February 2007 (EST)
This is probably because completing the main quest closed all the Oblivion Gates, so the game thinks you closed it and should talk to the countess.
Flame Atronachs note removed
I took this statement out for several reasons:
- Not specific to this quest, you could do this at any Oblivion Gate, or for that matter many other places, too.
- Requires Frostcrag Spire, a plug-in which costs money and which not everybody has.
- Flame Atronachs are not very effective against other Flame Atronachs anyhow. They mostly do just fire damage, and they are immune to fire damage, so they could throw fireballs at eachother forever and not accomplish anything.
- You could just as easily use a Summon spell instead, and then summon something that WOULD be useful against Flame Atronachs, like say, practically anything else you can summon.
Trouble with Bravil
After getting this quest I completed the gate closing for every city, including Bravil, but they still give me trouble. As I killed Viera Lerus earlier on(I believe) in the Arrow of Extrication quest like her Wiki page says, but it also says you will not be able to complete the quest. This would of course mean I cannot complete the game, so I think that should be added, along with any fix. — Unsigned comment by Iggy880 (talk • contribs)
- Allies for Bruma is an optional quest (as is clearly stated in the article). Therefore, Viera Lerus dying does not imply that you will be unable to complete the main quest. There are many NPCs you can kill in the game and thus make it impossible to complete individual quests; Viera is just one of them and I don't see why she needs to be singled out for special treatment. --NepheleTalk 18:11, 14 June 2007 (EDT)
What happens if the Count is dead and you cant ask for help? The green arrow leads into the main castle chambers, but theres no one there to talk to. Like the first question asks, Can I complete the allies for bruma quest???
- You will need the Count(ess) (or Savlian Matius for Kvatch) to ask aid from. The quest is marked as finished once you start the actual battle in the Defense of Bruma, or if you have gained support from all cities. --Timenn < talk > 10:40, 20 September 2008 (EDT)
How famous can you get?
The Fame summary page indicates that you can earn up to 7 fame points, but the information on this page says you gain 2 fame for each gate you close. What's the answer? --CharmSpell 21:38, 22 June 2007 (EDT)
- Both are right if you read the fine print :) The Fame page is actually a bit confusing with quests that involve closing an Oblivion Gate: the points for closing the Oblivion Gate are not added into the Main Quest table. Instead, they are summarized below. I don't know whether it's the best way to present the info, but that's how the page is currently set up.
- So for each city, you will get +1 fame at the moment that you grab the sigil stone and close the oblivion gate. You'll get another +1 fame at the moment that you report to the count/ess and are promised a soldier. Since I pulled up the scripts, I checked on some of the ugly details, too.
- In Bravil, if Viera Lerus is dead you do not get the count's +1 fame (you still get the +1 fame from closing the gate).
- In Kvatch, you get +1 fame when you talk to Savlian Matius for this quest. This is in addition to the +1 fame at the moment you complete The Battle for Castle Kvatch. This one does not involve closing an Oblivion Gate.
- In Cheydinhal, you get +1 fame from the count for this quest. This is in addition to the +1/+2 fame (or +2 infamy for killing Farwil) that you get for completing The Wayward Knight quest. But just to be inconsistent, you do not get a fame point for closing this oblivion gate.
- So including Oblivion Gates and not double-counting fame for related quests, my count for the maximum fame from this quest is +12 (I think!) --NepheleTalk 22:18, 22 June 2007 (EDT)
- I'm going to add that info as an extra note at the bottom due to its...detailed nature! ;) --CharmSpell 22:27, 22 June 2007 (EDT)
- Be careful upon returning to Kvatch if you have previously completed the quests there. When entering the courtyard powerful daedra sometimes spawn and can make quick work of the unprepared.
I've moved this note added to the article here, because I've never seen this happen and it's not consistent with what I know about the creatures that spawn in Kvatch. Can anyone confirm whether they have had this happen, in particular in a game without third-party mods that alter the game's quests or creatures? If so, could you provide specifics on where this happened and the circumstances? By courtyard, do you mean as soon as you enter the main gate of Kvatch, before the chapel? Or the castle courtyard right before entering the great hall? --NepheleTalk 12:07, 24 June 2007 (EDT)
- I have never seen any daedra in Kvatch after completing the Battle for Kvatch. 126.96.36.199 16:32, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
Isn't saying the quest takes places in Cyrodill a bit unnecessary?
- Agreed. Removed. --RpehTalk 05:24, 4 July 2007 (EDT)
Im stuck because ive closed the cheydinhal gate and i dont need to close anymore but what do i do now ive talked to the countess of bruma but she tell me to get a stone or something nothing to do with the great gate please reply on my xbox live gamertag please its fansta — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
- I think you're talking about the Draconian Madstone. It's this quest, and that link will give you all the details you need. --Rpeh•T•C•E• 10:13, 24 October 2007 (EDT)
if i basically enitrely skip allies for bruma will i get owned cause people say the militia suck. i get stuck in all the gates though they're like puzzles
- you will not inevitably fail although having the allies makes the battle of bruma a lot easier as it is now possible for martin to die as he has lost his essential flag thus you would have to load a previous save and try again if he died. Volanaro 12:55, 1 February 2008 (EST)
how does he loose his essential flag because i didnt get any help
- Martin loses his essential status whether or not you get allies. Its just part of the game so that you have to make sure he lives to win.
Having allies in my case was not of great benefit, as they limited the area spells i could use. It depends on your style of play.
- You have the same number of allies regardless if you did this quest or not.
Count Of Skingrad
I Am Having Trouble Speaking to the count of Skingrad...I Speak to Hal-Liurz and she says "please wait in the hall, the count will be with you shortly." Yet i wait and the count never comes, I have a quest marker leading to "Castle Skingrad Lord's Manor" yet it needs a key and i would be trespassing if i go through the door. Is there a way to fix this to where he actually comes or should i just pick the lock and go talk to him? Also i'm not sure having Completed the Vampire Cure quest has anything to do with this. Please let me know if there is anything to do about this.
---That happened to me also, and I ended up just having to pick the lock and go find him. It is a pain because with following quests you have to go find him when Hal-Liurz says he is coming. I did not get attacked or kicked out when I picked the lock so I assume it is okay, as long as you don't take anything. He is always asleep in his room, and this happened when I finished the Vampire Cure quest also. I don't know if it is a bug but I always go through the castle and find him if I need to.
--He appears at night I believe
Count of Skingrad
After I finished "Vampire Cure" the Count is unable to speak to me, He's either hiding in his secret cave or outside the castle but I get no response when I try to have a conversation. I cannot complete the quest with this glitch. Any Idea why this is?
- Take a look at this. The count is involved in a few quests that may conflict with each other, but as far as I'm aware this is fixable. --Timenn < talk > 16:01, 27 September 2008 (EDT)
Cant get skingrad stone
i closed the middle gate of the three gates fist then whent to the south west gate(thats the one your sopposed tho close) but i cant get it so i tried closing the 3rd closed it and whent back but still coudnt close it help
- What is preventing you from closing the gate? Can you enter the gate? --Timenn-<talk> 17:40, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
Where is the gate?
I can't find the Oblivion gate of Skingrad. The quest marker indicates the place near a ruined shrine (this), but there is nothing. This is my journal about the quest:
- Jauffre is worried that the Bruma Guard will not be able to defend Bruma from a full-scale attack by the Mythic Dawn and their daedric allies. He suggested that I try to obtain support from the other cities of Cyrodiil. Perhaps I can persuade the Elder Council in the Imperial City or the guilds to help as well.
- I spoke to the Count of Skingrad. He said he would be glad to send help, if only his own city wasn't threatened by an Oblivion Gate. I should close the gate outside Skingrad and then talk to the Count again.
Bug? How can I fix it? I'm on PC.--184.108.40.206 01:55, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- Help me, in no city has opened the gate!--220.127.116.11 11:07, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
I have this problem too, for several of the cities. Is there something I'm missing, or is it some kind of quest bug? (18.104.22.168 05:17, 10 May 2010 (UTC))
- Nevermind... just found out that it's a bug caused by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch - see Oblivion:Attack_on_Fort_Sutch (22.214.171.124 08:25, 15 May 2010 (UTC))
Getting soldiers from Kvatch
Woouldn't it be impossible for Savlian Matius to deny you, since the fact that you made up to Allies for Bruma means that you already have saved Kvatch, as it is a requiered section of the Main Quest
- Actually, he will refuse you have completed Breaking the Siege of Kvatch but have NOT completed The Battle for Castle Kvatch. You must save the city before Savilian Matius will send you men. I usually do both at the same time, so it makes this one an easy gain. --Darkheart 01:34, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
Don't if there's a real bug to report about it, but when i closed the gate just outside the city walls nobody seemed to notice it! Not the countess (she still talks about a gate menacing her city) or even guards or inhabitants. Anybody had the same problem? p.s.: i have a hint for the Chorrol Gate. If the character has high acrobatics, there's a hidden way to jump the walls helping yourself with rocks. Doing this, you can bypass all the caves and the secondary towers!
--126.96.36.199 15:48, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
- Make sure you close the right gate, as there are three gates that can open close to Anvil. The one you want is this one. –rpeh•T•C•E• 15:58, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
Attack on Fort Sutch bug?
- moved from article
WARNING: If you complete the quest Attack on Fort Sutch before starting this quest, no Oblivion Gates will appear near the cities and this quest will be rendered useless. Can someone please confirm this? It has been happening to a lot of people.
- Can somebody verify this or share experiences? --Krusty 18:54, 16 December 2009 (UTC)
- There is already a discussion in the talk page of the related quest. It is caused by an UOP, I think --MC• S'drassa •T2M 20:33, 16 December 2009 (UTC)
- Caused by a conflict between UOP and the original game, the latter of which created a 'fort' out of what would have been a city, unless I'm mistaken. This led to the oblivion gate outside the fort being scripted differently, and it slipped by UOP when it tried to fix some soldiers' behavior. Gamebusting, confusing, and nasty. Can either console your way through the 'aid for bruma' quest or search for the hotfix. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 3 March 2010
- There is already a discussion in the talk page of the related quest. It is caused by an UOP, I think --MC• S'drassa •T2M 20:33, 16 December 2009 (UTC)
|Prev: None||Up: Oblivion talk:Allies for Bruma||Next: None|