- Once you have a Marksman skill of 70, speak with Pinarus Inventius or Reman Broder.
- Find and bring back an elven bow for Alawen in order to train.
Do me a favor...
The two advanced trainers who can give you the master training reference necessary to start this quest are Pinarus Inventius in Anvil and Reman Broder in Skingrad.
Speak with Alawen at Troll Candle Camp to find that she requires you to possess an elven bow before she will train you. Only an unenchanted elven bow will do, even though glass, ebony, and Daedric are better quality. Alawen will not take the bow, she just wants to make sure you're using "good equipment", which is quite ironic, considering she herself uses a silver bow.
Elven bows may be found on Bandit bowmen, Marauder archers and Skeletons at level 9. They can also be found randomly in the Legion Commanders Chest in the Imperial Legion Offices between levels 9 and 11. Goblin Warlords may also carry elven bows (25% chance). At level 13, elven bows may be available from vendors.
This is the only quest in the entire game other than the Daedric quests that has a "level requirement", though it is not exactly the level that is required, as Elven bows are not available in-game anywhere before level 9. While it is possible to "complete" the quest by failing it, if Alawen should die after the quest has been obtained, it is impossible to receive her training without reaching the required level.
- Alawen checks if the player has exactly one, instead of at least one elven bow in inventory and won't agree to train otherwise; drop all but one elven bow if this is the situation.
- Alawen's hunting often takes her too close to the unmarked Red Lane Camp west of Dasek Moor, where she can meet an unintended death.
- Like Torbern, Bralsa Andaren, and Tooth-in-the-Sea, if Alawen dies before beginning her Master Training quest, the quest can be obtained but not completed, and will stay active.
|Marksman Training (TrainingMarksman)
||I need to find Alawen, so that I may master my use of a bow.
||Alawen has agreed to teach me, but only if I acquire a normal Elven bow and bring it to her.
||I have met Alawen's requirements, and she has agreed to teach me what she knows.
||Alawen is dead. I have no hope of being taught more about Marksman skills now.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage TrainingMarksman stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.