|# of Zones||2|
|# of Welkynd Stones||19|
|# of Varla Stones||1|
(1 boss-level Vampire)
|1 boss-level Coffin|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|LipsandTarnExterior, LipsandTarn, LipsandTarn02|
|North of Chorrol, close to the Jerall Mountains|
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -18, 33
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Lipsand Tarn (editor name LipsandTarnMapMarker). The entrance door is NNW of the marker, 60 feet away.
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Forested Mountains variety) is near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Mountains variety) is near the entrance
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 4 Clouded Funnel Cap plants
Zone 1: Lipsand Tarn
The most notable item in this zone is the Varla Stone at V. Descending down the stairs, there is a Potion of Speed at the bottom on the floor right of the staircase. The next chamber has an interesting trap mechanism (T); running through the chamber results in two sections of wall dropping in front and behind you, trapping you, before you're lifted upwards on a ceiling spike trap. It is recommended that you stay against either the right or left walls of this chamber to avoid the trap, as the falling walls and raising walls will miss you if you take that route. Also, the door (C) in this room is inaccessible from this zone, blocked by a large wall and parapet making it only accessible by going through it in zone 2. The next area is a massive chamber. Entering this chamber will immediately activate the nearest stone steps (H). From here, you have to activate the other set of stone steps in order to advance. In the right wing of the chamber is a large staircase that heads downwards into a small room. In this room there are three minor loot chests and an enemy, along with the block you need to push in order to raise the other stone steps and continue. However, if you have a high enough Acrobatics skill, you can jump up the wall behind the Varla Stone (V) and avoid going down the staircase.
From here, there's a doorway to the next zone of the dungeon that is blocked by a gate (G). At first, the push block in the adjacent room would seem to be the way to open the gate (G). However, getting near this block will lock you in the room by closing door (F). Activate the push block to open door (E), which leads to a tiny alcove off of the room containing the push block that will free you from the room and open gate (G) to the next zone.
- 1 Varla Stone at location V on map
- 2 Ayleid Casks 01 (1 locked)
- 1 Chest 01 (locked)
- 1 Coffin 01
- 13 Welkynd Stones. 4 will be found in the first corridor, 5 in the room with the button to shift the stone steps, and 4 in the final room (1 of which will be on the ground).
- The other following items will always be found: 1 Elven Ceremonial Helmet (pretty but worthless) and 1 Potion of Speed
- 4 Ceiling Spikes traps at location T on map
Doors and Gates:
- There are three doors in/out of this zone
- 2 Hidden Doors at E and F
- 1 Iron Gate (opened remotely) at G
- 2 Stone Steps (rise to form steps when activated) at locations H on map
- The trap mechanism close to the entrance of this level can actually be exploited to gain quick access to the ledge leading to door (C). As the center trap raises to the ceiling, you can jump off the platform midway and land on the ledge.
Zone 2: Lipsand Tarn Lorsel
The primary goal for this zone is getting the boss chest at (B) located near the end of this zone. There are Welkynd stones resting on pedestals around the perimeter the room that you enter from Door (D). There is a gate at the light blue line on the map that closes approximately five seconds after pressing the switch located next to it. This will lock you into the corridor, forcing you to go through door (C) in order to escape this zone. This path is fraught with enemies, however they are split up by gates (E) and (F). It is best to try to take out the vampires one by one to avoid fighting a large number of vampires in the small corridor. Following this corridor will lead you into a room with a Welkynd stone lying in the bottom left corner. In the next room is the boss of the dungeon, who is surrounded by torches, while the rest of the room is fairly dark. This allows you to sneak and shoot arrows at her while remaining undetected if you have a high enough Sneak skill. Also in this room is a walkway to door (C), which will lead you to the unreachable ledge in zone 1, from which you can jump down and leave the ruins.
- 1 boss-level Vampire (50% chance Vampire Matriarch, 50% chance Vampire Patriarch) at location A on map
- 6 Vampires
- 1 boss-level Coffin (Vampire variety) at location B on map
- 1 Ayleid Cask 02 (locked)
- 1 Chest 01 (locked)
- 1 Chest 02 (locked)
- 1 Chest 03
- 1 Chest 04
- 1 Coffin 01
- 6 Welkynd Stones. 5 will be in the first room when coming from door D, and one will be on the floor at the entrance to the room before the room containing the boss.
- The following ingredients will always be found: 2 samples of Bonemeal and 2 Bread Loaves
Doors and Gates:
- There are two doors (at C and D) in/out of this zone, both leading to the zone Lipsand Tarn
- 2 Iron Gates (opened remotely) at E and F
- 1 sleeping slab at location b on map