|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak with Athyn Sarethi for duties.
- Enter Venim Manor in search of Varvur Sarethi, Athyn's son.
- Go to the Right Wing and search a bench for a note and a key.
- Look behind the tapestry on the wall and open the hidden door to find Varvur.
- Talk to Varvur and escort him out of the manor.
- Return with Varvur to Athyn Sarethi to complete the quest.
Once you've reached the rank of Lawman, Athyn Sarethi in his manor in Ald'ruhn will ask you to rescue his son, Varvur, who has been accused of murder and is being held in Venim Manor. You must be careful when rescuing him not to kill the councilman Bolvyn Venim as the other council members will turn against you (for the Main Quest).
Varvur is in the Right Wing of Venim Manor. In the large room, on a bench, you should find a note to Malsa Ules and a key. The note says that the guest is in the room behind the tapestry. You'll find the door and tapestry nearby, and the key on the note opens that door (level 50 lock). Remember, the nearby guards won't like it if you take the key or the note. Once you find Varvur, escort him back to the Sarethi manor and his father. Any guards that see him will attack, so planning the fastest route ahead of time might help. You are free to kill the guards, but again be careful not to kill Bolvyn. The guards are easily distinguished by their Dwemer Armor. There are ten of them to avoid:
Report back to Sarethi with his son to complete the quest. He will reward you with a promotion to the next rank.
- This quest is also part of the Main Quest, during your attempt to become Hortator of House Redoran. In the event that you have done the main quest first, you will be immediately sent on the next quest.
- Escaping with Varvur can be made much easier by using a good Chameleon spell. The guards will attack neither you nor Varvur. The Amulet of Shadows works well for escaping without being noticed.
- If Varvur dies, Athyn Sarethi will refuse to talk to you anymore about him. Each time you mention Varvur's name, you lose 10 points of disposition with him, and if this quest is active while attempting to become Redoran Hortator, you will be unable to gain Sarethi's support and the Main Quest is ruined.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Rescue Varvur Sarethi (HR_RescueSarethi)
||Serjo Athyn Sarethi asked me to rescue his son, Varvur Sarethi, from Venim Manor, the first Manor on the right as you enter Skar. He warned me that I should not kill Bolvyn Venim, or the other councilors of House Redoran would turn against me.
||I found Varvur Sarethi and he agreed to follow me back to Sarethi Manor.
||Varvur Sarethi made it to Sarethi Manor safely.
||Serjo Athyn Sarethi thanked me for rescuing his son from Venim Manor.