Morrowind:Remove the Heads of the Thieves Guild
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Sjoring Hard-Heart for orders.
- Kill Big Helende in Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub in Sadrith Mora.
- Kill Sugar-Lips Habasi in the South Wall Cornerclub in Balmora.
- Kill Aengoth the Jeweler in The Rat in the Pot in Ald'ruhn.
- Return to Sjoring Hard-Heart to complete the quest.
Once you reach the rank of Guardian, Sjoring Hard-Heart in the Vivec Guild of Fighters will ask you to kill the three Thieves Guild bosses: Big Helende in Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub in Sadrith Mora, Sugar-Lips Habasi in the South Wall Cornerclub in Balmora and Aengoth the Jeweler in The Rat in the Pot in Ald'ruhn. He even forwards you 5,000 gold to cover any expenses during your murder spree.
Remove the Heads of the Thieves Guild
Frenzy Humanoid or Taunt can be used to force a target to strike first, in order to avoid any negative consequences. Command Humanoid or Charm spells can be used to lead a target to an isolated location before attacking. It is also possible to turn into a werewolf (Bloodmoon expansion only), though any witnesses to the transformation will immediately report it to a guard, even if the witness is killed.
If the quest is pursued in a straightforward manner by outright attacking a boss, then all of the other thieves in the general vicinity will become hostile. This will incur a large Bounty on your head and the Thieves Guild will very much dislike you. Guards will also accost you on sight. If you wish to join or use the Thieves Guild at some point, this is a bad career move.
When all three bosses have been killed, return to Sjoring Hard-Heart to complete the quest.
- If you kill the bosses before talking to Sjoring Hard-Heart, he will say that you're better than he thought and you will get a +25 Disposition bonus instead of the standard +15. You will not, however, receive the 5,000 gold stipend.
- If you are on the Thieves Guild's side, or suspicious of Sjoring Hard-Heart's motives in assassinating its leaders, you can receive the 5,000 gold stipend from him, then kill him (by forcing him to attack first). The 5,000 gold will not be found on his corpse. The best route to follow toward this end is to get Hard-Heart's orders to kill the Thieves Guild bosses, then get Percius Mercius's quest to kill Hard-Heart.
- Killing Sjoring Hard-Heart will not remove this quest from the journal.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Remove the Heads of the Thieves Guild (FG_KillBosses)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Sjoring Hard-Heart told me to kill the Thieves Guild bosses. I must kill Habasi at the South Wall in Balmora, Aengoth at the Rat in the PotAld'ruhn, and Helende at Dirty Muriel's in Sadrith Mora.|
|100||I killed the three local Thieves Guild bosses.|
|Prev: None||Up: Fighters Guild Quests||Next: Kill the Master Thief|