Skyrim talk:Silenced Tongues
Whilst I got Okin straight away from his persons, I still can't find Eduj anywhere. The opposite of what the current article is having problems with. 220.127.116.11 23:00, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
Bug Clash *although has zero consequences*
As I'm sure most people are aware; this game has a nasty habit of placing Radiant Quest locations at a dungeon where a different and more rewarding quest is suppose to take place, always rendering that quest permanently undoable. There is a quest clash in Volrunuud with this quest and a Companion radiant quest. However, instead of breaking this quest, the boss gets tied in with the Companion quest. The final Boss will look and behave just as he is suppose to except his name will be 'Druaga Overlord'. Both quests will fortuneatly both be complete upon his demise. Also, when I located his corpse, he had BOTH unique items on his without the need of a reloot bypass.
Shouldnt it be mentioned somewhere that you easily find/get sent to this location following the DB storyline?I couldn't find it until I did the former, although when you do, this quest isn't triggered until you pick up and read the journal.
Just a thought too, but mention the word wall in the quick description. I have missed a few not realising they are hidden away somewhere in a dungeon I have cleared. Zaraphet 22:16, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- I thought your tactics on final fight overlong, eg. Kvenel sits there, the Scourge patrols so if you sneak in, you can take down the Scourge easily. This may get Kvenels attention but sneak left and come up behind him to get in a critical attack. I was level 48 and had no problems. Each to their own on tactics though. I did have to search his ghostly remains twice for both items too. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 00:36 on 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- Just finished the quest and I am merely level 11. Yes. Eleven. I did so by taking down all the Draugr in the place, than I'd snipe off Kvenel one arrow at a time. He'd stand up of course, to which I'd turn back and sneak-run down the hallway. There came a point in time when he'd go so far as the bridge that goes over the near-front of Elder's Cairn, so I just hid a little further toward the door. Got him after a few snipes on his way back to this throne with a Steel Mace to the back, thanks to Backstab. My Sneak Level is 35 and I have two Perks in "Stealth"; None in "Muffled Movement", although I did find it easier to do with my Iron Boots off. Took me about five times, but I got him. Bug happened too. I got the sword, but the axe was nowhere. When I looked at his body he had an Iron Sword and a Steel Mace along with Eduj (I believe). I didn't try relooting his body though. I'll do that next and post my results here.... Yup. Relooting gave me Okin. : ) 11:38 PM 5, Jan 2012 (CST). — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 05:38 on 6 January 2012 (UTC)
Possible "bug" worth mentioning?
On my older profile, when I went in to the final chamber to kill Kvenel, I noticed that the Draugr Scourge that is in the coffin next to him was a female, bald, and with a beard. I laughed a many great times when I'd reload to that save point and show my friends the epic bearded woman. Well, I figured that was a one-time thing. I started my second profile now (The level 11 listed above) and I just checked. She's a full head of male Nordic hair and a braided beard. Anyone know why this female Draugr always seems to be loaded with a male's "head" but a female's "body"? Likewise, can anyone verify this possible bug? I'm on the 360. Perhaps... just maybe... it was intentional by the designers?? 11:43 PM 5, Jan 2012 (CST). — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 05:44 on 6 January 2012 (UTC)
- Rofl well it could be they're were making fun of reality since when you die your hair continues to grow so... maybe she just needed to shave when she'd been alive :D Lord Eydvar 18:10, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
start quest without reading book
the quest started for me without reading the book, i tried to open the door and the quest automatically came up. i killed the guy and completed the quest all without reading the book. it took me a whle to find the book and the skeleton, it was dark and i sneaked right past both of them.188.8.131.52 12:17, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
I found both ceremonial weapons but was unable to pick them up. Instead of reloading an autosave as suggested, using the Unrelenting Force shout on these weapons seemed to do the trick. (Note that I used all three words) 184.108.40.206 00:43, 9 February 2012 (UTC)
Scroll of Ice Storm
Elder's Cairn Door
I ran into the bug where the door won't open. I've been trying things out and I believe it is due to the bug with reading the journal causing the quest to not start even when activating the door. I added this under the bug with the journal. I'm not certain if this is the ONLY bug that causes the door to be unable to be opened, so I won't mess with the first bug mentioning the same thing. But, the one right above this bug seems to be the same bug, so I'm combining the two. The phrase "if you read, but don't pick up" doesn't seem to have any significance, as the quest seems to be given immediately upon reading the journal, and even if you do pick up the journal initially while reading it, it doesn't seem to give the quest if you ran into this bug. The solution listed may need confirmation though. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 04:22 on 17 September 2013 (UTC)
- I read the book, but the quest did not start. I tried the door but the quest did not start. I found both ceremonial weapons, but could not open the door, and dropping and picking up itesm both inside and outside Volunruud did not work. I decided to learn how to use the construction kit to work out a solution, and eventually I did, but it isn't elegant. I started out by creating a spell to set the quest to stage 20 (I could do this because I already had both the ceremonial weapons). Casting the spell did not work, yet I knew the command was being run because I had a message either side of it. I then discovered that quests won't start if "the aliases are not being filled" so I went into the quest dunVolunruudQST and set all the quest aliases to optional. I then loaded my mod with the spell and the aliases all optional, ran the game, cast my spell and lo and behold THE QUEST STARTED at stage 20, just as I hoped. I then just went through the door, killed Kvenel and got Eduj and Okin, especially for my Legacy of the Dragonborn museum!
- I hope this helps somebody else, I have not been able to find any other solution for this problem.18.104.22.168 15:22, 30 March 2019 (UTC)
"You Lack The Required item"
When i have gotten both of the celestial weapons and go to the door it says that i lack the required item, i have reloaded an old save to before i started this quest and when i had gotten the weapons and gone to the door again it said that i lacked the required item. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 21:43 on 14 November 2015 (GMT)