Skyrim talk:Light Armor

The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Jump to: navigation, search
Archives
Archive 1: Nov 2011 - Jun 2013

Forsworn Armor and Matching Set[edit]

So, does the perk work together with a full set of Forsworn Armor? I can't test it right now because I've got the PS3 version of the game. --88.78.35.167 13:33, 18 July 2013 (GMT)

You can indeed test it. Get a character who doesn't have Matching Set, has a 70 LA skill, and has at least one perk available. Put on a full set of Forsworn Armor. Check your armor rating in your inventory. Select the Matching Set perk. See if your armor rating changes.
If you have a character who's completed Dragonborn and has a high LA skill this is pretty easy to test, it just costs you a dragon soul (or no soul if you save before activating the Black Book to repick your perks).
I usually don't pick matching set anymore, don't go that far up the perk tree and don't usually want to bother with helmets. However from what I remember I believe the answer to your question is yes. --Morrolan (talk) 23:59, 10 August 2013 (GMT)

Confirmed Unhindered perk bug[edit]

I can confirm the Unhindered perk bug. I crafted 25 Leather Armours with no improvements. My weight was 449. I put on one set of armour (they were in a stack of 25). My weight was then 299. Eldubya (talk) 18:03, 28 July 2013 (GMT)

Guard comment[edit]

I think guards will only comment on your armor skill if you are also wearing that armor. I am pretty sure that they won't comment on your light armor skill if you are wearing heavy armor. — Unsigned comment by 82.74.67.87 (talk) at 13:38 on 25 August 2013‎

Nope, doesn't matter what you have equipped, just your skill level for this one. — ABCface 03:09, 26 August 2013 (GMT)

Light Armor vs Heavy[edit]

The protection afforded by Heavy Armor is only marginally better than that of Light Armor, making the latter the superior choice in virtually all cases. Comparing three pairs of similar-level armors (protection/weight with no shield): Hide 40/9, Iron 60/46; Elven 58/7, Dwarven 78/75; Glass 76/13, Ebony 96/62. In all three cases, the armor protection difference is 20. This represents a net protection of about 2.4% reduction of incoming damage. This at the cost of 37, 68 and 49 weight capacity, respectively. The only reason to choose Heavy Armor would be looks, and the cost is great. --Caralampio (talk) 04:04, 21 November 2013 (GMT)

Have you taken into account the lesser damage taken at the presumably low levels you would be wearing these pieces. The cap might be 567, but there are far more parts to the equation than your displayed armor value. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 19:13, 21 November 2013 (GMT)

light Armour perks[edit]

Just a question. The perks say a "matching set" in order for them to work but in the explanation it seems from what I'm reading "ancient falmer Armour Is considered a matching set even though it technically Doesn't have a head piece (besides the crown that isn't actually worn like a crown) so would I get the perks wearing it ? Or do I have to wear the crown too? Cause I was thinking of using this set on my elf archer thanks — Unsigned comment by 68.171.231.80 (talk) at 05:45 on 26 November 2013‎

I don't know for sure, but since the crown is classified as "jewelry" rather than "light armor", my feeling is that it wouldn't qualify for the perk bonus. The easiest way to test this, short of using console commands to add or remove the perk while wearing the full ancient Falmer set and see if your AC changes, is to use the method detailed in the #Forsworn_Armor_and_Matching_Set topic at the top of this page. --Xyzzy Talk 02:55, 18 December 2013 (GMT)

Wind Walker[edit]

Does the Wind Walker perk work if worn head piece is clothing (hood/circlet)? 91.153.223.146 09:20, 16 December 2013 (GMT)Vorna

No. It needs to be light armor. Clothing is a completely different class. Vely►t►e 17:50, 16 December 2013 (GMT)
It does work if you have equipped a light helmet (specifically Penitus Oculatus) along with a circlet or a dragon priest mask that is classified as Light Armor. Won't work with any of the Heavy dragon priest masks though. 220.255.2.125 14:02, 3 February 2014 (GMT)

Deft Movement[edit]

This perk had an incorrect description (or Bethesda fixed it maybe), tested it with a non-matched set of light armor and it worked fine. Edited accordingly... 220.255.2.148 14:08, 3 February 2014 (GMT)

I checked CSList, and your change looks to be correct. Thanks for catching that. --Xyzzy Talk 15:26, 3 February 2014 (GMT)

Deft Movement - Added to or Applied after armor?[edit]

It says: "A 10% chance of avoiding all damage from a melee attack while wearing all Light Armor: head, chest, hands, feet. "

I assume this refers to a single melee blow. Is the 10% applied after the armor or is it added onto the armor?

1. Applied after: if the character has arrived at the Armor cap that means there is an 80% chance of avoiding a blow from the Armor. So that of the 20% that make it through the Armor filter, 10% of those are filtered out by this perk, netting the character an 18% chance of receiving the blow or an 82% chance of avoiding it.

2. Added onto: the 10% is added onto the armor, in this example 80% for a character at the cap, effectively raising the cap to 90% and the character only suffers the remaining 10% of the melee blows.

The second method makes this more valuable in late game at high difficulty. By the time you gain 100 skill and fill the perk tree to this point the additional 2% may not be worth using a perk point. I looked through the archive page but it doesn't address this. Does anyone know how this perk is handled? Kalevala (talk) 03:41, 18 April 2015 (GMT)

Neither, the 80% armor cap is damage reduction, not avoidance. So you will avoid 10% of hits, and take 20% damage from the remaining 90% of hits. 67.161.187.137 23:41, 9 January 2018 (UTC)

Requires information on light armor jewelry[edit]

The unique jewelry pieces Diadem of the Savant, and Locket of Saint Jiub are in fact light armour pieces. The Light Armor section lacks notes on these two amd how they interact with other armour pieces. Someone please do update it.14.139.155.214 09:05, 5 May 2015 (GMT)