While walking across the open plains near Whiterun, I was attacked by three men who said they were sent to "teach me a lesson." I found a contract on one of them saying that "Braith" had sent them after me, and mentioned that I was a thief. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking the name on the letter is just a mistake. The only event related thing I can think of I had stolen was the book from the Battle-Born house for the quest to find out where the Grey-Mane guy is, but that makes no sense since Braith isn't a Battle-Born and also of course because she's a little kid. Kronos o 01:25, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I figured out what this is. These mercenaries can be sent by anyone who you steal from, it's kinda random. Kronos o 06:28, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, no, I experienced too, but I never stole anything from Braith either (or from anyone for that matter); I think it is a bug, because like you said, it happens when you steal from people, but I never stolen anything from anyone (considering it was the beginning of the game). — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 08:00 on 26 February 2012
Bug - Braith Missing
I think there could be a bug which causes Braith to go missing from the game as I never see her in Whiterun, and haven't seen her since I originally saw her fighting Lars. She's never walking around Whiterun, and is never in Amren's house either. Can anyone confirm this is a bug? I have the ps3 version. Not a huge problem, but might be worth mentioning as it means the player can't complete the quest Lars gave you. 220.127.116.11 21:39, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
- Braith has gone missing in my game as well, although fortunately I'd already completed the Lars quest. I only realized she'd gone missing while investigating Amren's (her father) strange behavior. Amren, for some reason, just stopped doing his daily routine and now walks around Whiterun 24 hours a day. Doesn't go to the Drunken Huntsman, doesn't go home, etc. Just walks around the city 24/7. Perhaps the two bugs are connected.18.104.22.168 08:14, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, after some searching, I finally found Braith. She somehow managed to get stuck inside Carlotta Valentia's house. My breaking into Carlotta's home freed her, and it appears Braith's positioning is indeed tied to Amren's behavior because upon "freeing" Braith, Amren has now resumed his original daily routine.22.214.171.124 13:04, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
Braith white skin
Isn't Braith too much pale to be amren and saffir daughter? Perhaps she is not a redguard. Just asking. --126.96.36.199 00:01, 6 January 2013 (GMT)
- Braith is in fact Amren and Saffir's daughter. It's probably just a texturing mistake on Bethesda's end. Ohymz 00:09, 6 January 2013 (GMT)
Braith ignoring her parents more than usual
I've searched online for a while and can find no hide nor hair of anyone else experiencing this glitch, though I hope by long odds someone else who might know what's going on reads this.
First of all, I have Hearthfire, and this glitch involves the adoption feature. I know that there are many children in Skyrim who can be adopted, as orphans, and many more children can be adopted if they should become orphans through the course of gameplay (their parents die).. Braith has been wandering around town all sullen and sad, saying the usual 'What am I going to do' lines, and when I spoke to her, she said her parents were dead. I have since confirmed that both Armen and Saffir are still alive. Armen is wandering the town, and Saffir, as usual, stays put in the house talking about books (strange that such a book obsessed woman would have no books in her home).
What gives? Even if Armen's AI is glitched and not reporting as alive, Saffir's should be especially since I hadn't interacted with Saffir since first entering Whiterun and witnessing their argument.
Resetting AI and recycling the actor does not seem to help, so it must be something else. Another actor's AIs or scripts clashing with hers, or perhaps some quest script.
I should mention, I haven't done the Bullying Braith mission, and I can't seem to get it either, Lars just complains of being bullied and I can reply in no way to it.