|Faction(s)||BYOHDisallowGamesFaction; BYOHRelationshipAdoptableFaction; BYOHUrchin_LuciaJobFaction; FavorJobsBeggarsFaction; TownWhiterunFaction; CrimeFactionWhiterun; Whiterun Bannered Mare Faction|
Lucia is a homeless Imperial child who wanders around the streets of the Wind District in Whiterun. She can usually be found outside the Temple of Kynareth, sitting on the benches around the Gildergreen tree.
Lucia wakes up at 8am and heads to the area outside the Temple of Kynareth, where she wanders around, begging all day. At 8pm, she goes to the Bannered Mare, where she stays inside for four hours. Then at midnight, she goes out behind the inn and sleeps on the ground. She gets up again at 8am the next morning and repeats the same schedule.
When you first approach her, she may complain "I'm so hungry...", or ask you either "Could you spare a coin?" or "Just one gold? Please?" If you give her 1 gold, she'll graciously reply "Oh, thank you! Divines bless your kind heart." You can ask her why she's begging, and she will explain "It's... it's what Brenuin said I should do. He's the only one that's been nice to me since... since mama..." She will pause briefly, then continue, "...Since she died. My aunt and uncle took over our farm and threw me out. Said I wasn't good for anything. I wound up here, but... I I don't know what to do. I miss her so much..."
You will then have a dialogue option to adopt her. You can only go through with the adoption if you have a house with a child's bed and container. If you have given her a gold coin but not adopted her, she may say "You're the best! Can you be my father/mother?" as you go by. Your adopted girls sometimes may tell you that "I played with Lucia in the park today. I feel sorry for her."
- Lucia may return to Whiterun if you have moved her elsewhere. Selecting the dialogue to tell her to go home will cause her to return to her proper home.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.3 of the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.
- When agreeing to let Lucia stay outside a little longer, she may call you "Pa!" even if you are a female character.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0.3 of the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.
- Lucia may completely disappear from the game.
- Lucia may get stuck inside Carlotta Valentia's house.
- This can be fixed by picking the lock of the door, which is otherwise always locked.