|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Nazir.
- Pay Nazir a fine.
This quest is received after attacking a member of the Dark Brotherhood, accidentally or not. Pay a fine to Nazir to get back in the good graces of the family, which completes this quest. You cannot accept or complete any contracts until you pay the fine and Dark Brotherhood members will refuse to talk to you while suspended from the guild.
The fine will be 500 gold if you are a regular member, but if you have completed Hail Sithis!, the amount will be reduced to 300 gold.
- The Spectral Assassin is considered a member of the Dark Brotherhood, so if you attack him to the point that he turns hostile then you will have to pay a fine.
- Even if you are not a member of the Dark Brotherhood, this quest can still be triggered while completing the quest Destroy the Dark Brotherhood! if you calm any of the assassins and talk to them before you kill them. If calmed, Nazir can still be paid the 500 gold, after which he will repeatedly tell you to go back and speak with Astrid (even though the quest can only begin if she is already dead).
- All contract victims are placed in the Dark Brotherhood faction at some point, and feeding on them as a vampire, or their corpse as a cannibal (with the Ring of Namira) may trigger this quest, though it won't actually begin until the next time you talk to a Dark Brotherhood member.
- Sometimes this quest might be triggered after you have fully upgraded the Dawnstar Sanctuary.
|Honor Thy Family (DBEviction)
||I have broken the rules of the Sanctuary, and must pay Nazir a fine before I can proceed with any Dark Brotherhood business.
Objective 10: Pay Nazir the fine
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 255.