- Follow Falion to his destination at 1 am.
- Ask Falion what he is doing at the summoning circle.
- Report Falion to the Jarl of Morthal
Falion is a master in Conjuration. While he enjoys the town of Morthal enough to set up a home and business, he seems ever wary of a lurking danger. His academic interests include vampirism and the undead; perhaps he is aware of more than he is letting on.
If you inquire around Morthal about the wizard in town, you are told that he seems to be up to something; specifically, that he goes out into the marsh in the middle of the night. A conversation with Agni, his ward and apprentice, reveals that she had a "bad dream" in which Falion went away and made "monsters" while she slept. Falion dismisses this as only a dream, and insists his talents are needed to "keep the town safe".
Late Night Wanderings
If you wait near Falion's house until 1 am, you can follow him as he heads out of town, past the mill, and northwest into the marshes. He journeys to what appears to be a summoning circle. This is the same summoning circle where you must meet him to cure your vampirism in Rising at Dawn. Upon confronting him, he will demand that you leave him to his "work" and never speak to anyone about what you observed that night, although he won't reveal precisely what his work is. You can agree to keep quiet, or blackmail him for 200 gold. Regardless of your choice, you may then report him to the jarl if you so desire.
Reporting to the Jarl
After reporting Falion to the jarl, she will immediately find and confront him, threatening dire consequences for Falion if he continues his actions. The scene differs depending on the current jarl - Sorli the Builder or Idgrod Ravencrone.
- Despite the warning, Falion will continue to visit the summoning circle each night as usual, and the jarl will remain oblivious to his continued behavior.
- The scene may not play, and the jarl will instead permanently follow Falion without interacting with him.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Sometimes, this quest will simply disappear from your journal even if you have not completed it. It can be reactivated by following Falion to the burial site and asking him what he's doing.
|Falion's Secret (FreeformMorthalA)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 5, 10, 20, 30.