|Home City||New Sheoth Bliss|
|Store||The Missing Pauldron|
|Available||8am-8pm every day|
|Sells||Weapons, armor (possibly enchanted), repair hammers
Amber Armor and Amber Weapons
|Faction(s)||Mania; Bliss Citizen; Citizen of New Sheoth|
Dumag gro-Bonk is an Orc smith living in Bliss, New Sheoth. He is the proprietor of The Missing Pauldron. He sells a wide variety of weapons and armor, and offers repair and recharging services. Dumag is also one of two smiths in the Shivering Isles that can forge powerful magic and non-magic weapons and armor; his specialty is forging Light Armor from Amber and Amber Matrices.
Like most other merchants, Dumag offers his various services every day between 8am and 8pm. After closing up the smithy, he heads into his private quarters and enjoys a two-hour dinner before he goes to bed at 10pm. After he wakes up at 6am he treats himself to a two-hour breakfast before he unlocks the doors to The Missing Pauldron once again.
His greeting isn't exactly a typical Orcish one: "Hello! I'm Dumag gro-Bonk. Best and prettiest smith in town. I know the secret art of forging Amber. Here. Take this list. It explains what I need." Asking about his mysterious skill will net you: "Amber is a resin found in root system tunnels and on Gnarls. When treated properly, it is especially suited to lightweight weapons and armor. I, alone, know the ancient art of forging Amber. I can even craft you magical items." If you inquire further he will say: "Before my master passed on, she hid countless matrices in the world. There to soak up the magical essence of our world. As my master has done, so will I, before I pass on. Find me one of these matrices and enough Amber, and I will craft you a magical item." On subsequent meetings he will offer greetings like "What can I help you with, sweetheart?" and farewells like "Bye, dear.", regardless of your gender. He will treat female characters as equals and act flirtatious towards male characters. One thing is for sure; he is not friendly towards Crucible smith Cutter and will never waste an opportunity to bad-mouth her: "You see, I am the Master Smith of New Sheoth, don't bother with that other smith in town.", along with two additional farewells: "A happy customer is a returning customer." and "Remember, come to me for all your crafting needs."
During the quest related to forging weapons, The Antipodean Hammer, should you at any time choose to let Cutter forge a weapon for you, the feminine Orc smith will get all jealous and say: "You think I'm ugly, don't you? And that she's a prettier smith? Is that it?", "I am the Master Smith of New Sheoth. Why bother with that other smith?" and "What can you possibly see in her? She spends more time cutting herself than swinging a hammer." Additionally, Dumag also has a number of unique lines when bartering, all related to his persona: "Armor and weapons. Maybe not pretty, but they get the job done.", "I'm sure I have something here you can use." and "Always a good idea to protect yourself. I can help with that." If you get greedy and try and sell him equipment at a high price, he will reject with the words: "Are you trying to take advantage of me? I'm not making that deal." and "I'm cursed with ugliness, not stupidity."
The townsfolk of New Sheoth will all comment on Dumag's armorer abilities, although the residents of Crucible seem to prefer Cutter: "I'm not about to go to the Missing Pauldron, even if they do sell armor. I'll stay in Crucible, thank you." and :"I don't trust that Dumag, so I don't shop there." In Bliss, the general opinion is entirely different: "The best armor in the city is at The Missing Pauldron.", "Dumag gro-Bonk at The Missing Pauldron is collecting that Amber you find in the root tunnels." and "There's nowhere better than the Missing Pauldron." In the artist community of Hale, local poet Halion will put the recommendation into verses: "To the Missing Pauldron you should go for superior armor to thwart your foe."
The Antipodean Hammer
Every time you hand him the acquired amount of Amber, the Orc will forge a weapon or a piece of armor for you and make several remarks, depending on your gender. The remarks will change if you hand him a Matrix and ask him to make a magical version of the equipment.
|Forged Weapon||Response (Female Characters)||Response (Male Characters)|
|Amber Sword||Sometimes, a woman has got to make her point using the tip of her sword, right? You'd better believe it!||Mama always said, "You can tell a lot about a man by the sword he carries."|
|Amber Hammer||Sometimes a woman's got to swing a big stick to be taken seriously, right?||In your strong hands, a few good blows with this, and your foe will be dead in no time.|
|Amber Mace||"Smacking an idiot in the head a few times is the surest way to win an argument," my Mama used to say.|
|Amber Bow||The great thing about bows is that they allow you to kill your foes without getting blood all over your dress. Here you go, dear.||An archer needs strong arms. I bet you could hold back that bow for quite a long time, couldn't you, love?|
|Amber Cuirass||The most important piece of armor. "Always keep your heart safe," Mama always said.||That's a big chest you've got there. You need any help getting this thing on?|
|Amber Helmet||Don't know why you'd want to cover up that gorgeous head of yours, but here you go.|
|Amber Greaves||Sometimes a woman needs to make a quick exit. No shame in that. But it won't be very graceful if your legs are broken.||Here you go. I shaped these to your exact measurements. Need some help getting them on?|
|Amber Gauntlets||A lady might be a killer, but she shouldn't ruin her manicure by chipping a nail.||You know what they say about the size of a man's hands....|
|Amber Boots||Every girl needs a good pair of shoes.||You know what they say about the size of a man's boots....|
|Amber Shield||They say, "Behind every great man is a great woman." Mama said, "Men are squishy. Use a shield instead!"||Strap this shield onto that big arm of yours.|
|Amber Arrows||Stick your foe with one of these pretty arrows.|
|Magic Gauntlets||These gauntlets will keep your hands from being covered in blood and guts.||My, my, my... what big hands you have!|
|Magic Sword||Nothing pokes a hole in an argument like the pointy end of your sword.|
|Magic Shield||Place this between you and your foe. Creates less of a mess that way.|
|Magic Helmet||Keep your hair from getting tangled in melee.||You know what they say about the size of a man's forehead, right?|
|Magic Hammer||A girl can always win an argument with a weapon like this.||Only a real man can swing this hammer around.|
|Magic Greaves||Men like a woman with pretty legs. These will keep your legs from getting all bruised up.||Want some help putting these on?|
|Magic Cuirass||The magic glow flatters your complexion, dear.||You'll look absolutely stunning in this. Maybe you'd like to give me a little fashion show?|
|Magic Bow||A smart girl always keeps herself well out of harm's way.||You look like a man who can shoot straight and long!|
|Magic Boots||These boots will keep your toes from getting smashed.|
|Magic Arrows||I like how magic makes things glow all pretty-like. Light up your foe by sticking a couple of these in him.|
|Magic Mace||Mama used to say, "If sweet-talking doesn't work, try hitting him with a big stick!"|
Stage Dependent Dialogue
At different stages in the Main Quest, Dumag will share different rumors with other NPCs:
- People are talking about a new adventurer who is seeking to get into the Isles. Mama warned me, "Only go where you've been invited."
- The Gatekeeper is dead, you know. Now, that was a truly ugly creature. Perhaps now a handsome adventurer will come to steal me away.
- Mama always said, "You catch more flies with honey than salt." Like that thing that sucks in the adventurers.
- Thadon's in a much better mood lately. If he weren't so in love with the Felldew, I might invite him over to inspect my "wares" some time.
- I hear something is amiss again in the House of Dementia. I wonder what it is. I love a good scandal. Don't you?
- The Great Torch is lit. A romantic symbol, isn't it? I always hoped my first kiss would be in the glow of a torch.
- Is the new ruler of Dementia lovely, I hope?
- I can't believe Thadon is gone. He was a lovely man.
- Souless Knights on the prowl, they say. Better carry a weapon with you. Wouldn't want you to get hurt.
- I guess things will go back to normal now that there is a new Gatekeeper. Oh well, I was looking forward to some drama.
- Those Golden Saint and Dark Seducer men are dreamy aren't they? Glad to have them back.
- Where has Sheogorath gone? Mama always said, "The Prince of Madness is a basket of riddles."
- Order has been defeated. I'm glad that's over. Mama always said, "The end of the world only happens once."
- The Antipodean Hammer: Find Amber and Madness Ore for two rival Blacksmiths.
- Although he's essential, a gravestone is reserved for him at New Sheoth Graveyard. The inscription reads: "Dumag gro-Bonk, he made killing things fun again."
- Dumag was originally intended to be a female, as shown by comment in his script: "This character was female and now is male, so the editorID and ref name are DumagGrABonk but name is Dumag grO-Bonk (gra/gro)."
- When taking amber, Dumag is affected by the Separate Stack Removal glitch.