Online: Where Shadows Lie
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Proctor Luciana Pullo and enter the Cogitum Centralis.
- Talk to Aios.
- Activate the two terminals on either side of the bridge.
- Proceed through the Centralis.
- Activate the light switches.
- Defeat the Shadow of Sotha Sil.
- Turn the Skeleton Key.
- Talk to Sotha Sil.
- If "I want power." is chosen, Luciana will die and you will receive Sotha Sil's Codex of Infinite Possibility, a one-time use item that grants a 150% experience boost for two hours.
- If this is chosen, the quest will have an optional step to speak with Luciana.
- If "Please save Luciana." is chosen, Luciana will be saved and you will receive Luciana's Codex of Mastery, a one-time use item that grants a 100% experience boost for two hours.
- Both codex rewards are bound and cannot be banked.
|Where Shadows Lie|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|Luciana and I must pursue the Shadow of Sotha Sil into the mysterious Cogitum Centralis.
Objective: Enter the Cogitum Centralis
|The Cogitum's automated security system rotated the central bridge, making it impassable. Luciana believes she can override the lock, but she needs more power. I must find two nearby power terminals and activate them.
Objective: Activate the Left Core Pump
Objective: Activate the Right Core Pump
Optional Steps: A peculiar factotum appeared, calling itself Aios. Perhaps I should speak with it to see what it knows.
Optional Step: Talk to Aios
|I should follow Luciana deeper into the Cogitum Centralis.
Objective: Follow Luciana
|Otherworldly shadows block our way forward, and Luciana's magic is spent. We have to find another way through.
Objective: Find a Path Through the Shadows
Objective Hint: Activate the First Switch
Objective Hint: Activate the Second Switch
|Luciana and I discovered lights capable of dissolving the Daedric shadows. We can use them to clear the way to Sotha Sil's central chamber: the Throne Aligned.
Objective: Find Sotha Sil
|We found the Shadow of Sotha Sil preparing to kill and replace the real Sotha Sil. We must defeat this creature and save the true Clockwork God.
Objective: Confront the Shadow of Sotha Sil
Objective: Defeat the Shadow of Sotha Sil
|Nocturnal's fury encroaches from all sides! I need to turn the Skeleton Key and wake Sotha Sil before it's too late.
Objective: Wake Sotha Sil
|I must turn the Skeleton Key to finish unlocking Sotha Sil from his throne.
|It's time to leave the Cogitum Centralis. I can speak to everyone once I'm back in the Clockwork Basilica.
Objective: Exit the Cogitum Centralis
|I managed to wake Sotha Sil just in time. He used his divine power to cast out Nocturnal, then teleported all of us back to the Brass Fortress. It looks like Sotha Sil wants to talk to me.
Objective: Talk to Sotha Sil
|(If you chose power as a reward) Luciana seems gravely wounded. Perhaps I should talk to her.
Objective: Talk to Luciana
|I should talk to Sotha Sil to claim my reward.
Objective: Talk to Sotha Sil