|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Though Aranias was sent by the Veiled Heritance to kill him, the Wilderking believes she has actually come for another reason, and that our destinies are intertwined.
- Talk to the Wilderking in Bramblebreach.
- Talk to Spinner Maruin in Spinner's Cottage.
After petitioning the Wilderking, he will reflect on Aranias' fate:
- "Like the branches of a Graht Oak, I believe that Aranias' destiny, my destiny, and your destiny are all intertwined.
- I cannot yet see how these events will play out, but I do know that like Aranias, you must come deeper into the forest."
- Where do I need to go?
- "You must eventually come to my throne, but not yet. Each of us is a strand to be spun into the story of Valenwood.
- You should seek out the spinner, Maruin. He can tell us how this story began, and where it should end."
- What about Andur and Aranias? Will you be safe?
- "Yes. Traveling through Valenwood is a funny thing. It may take them many days to find the path to my throne.
- You have all the time you need. Find the Spinner's Cottage and speak to Maruin. Safe journeys, my friend."
- All right. I'll look for Spinner Maruin then.
The Wilderking will then fade away, leaving you to your task. Head south to the Labyrinth Wayshrine and follow the path in either direction. The Spinner's Cottage is where the two forks of the path rejoin, just north of the Labyrinth. Spinner Maruin is just inside the doorway:
- "I was beginning to think you wouldn't make it. I've already begun Aranias' story."
- The Wilderking told me to find you.
- "Yes. Of course. I have been waiting for you for some time. The story needs you to play a part in the present ... and in the past.
He will then begin the story of The Rock Witch of Silatar.
|The Spinner's Tale
||The Wilderking asked me to seek out the Spinner Maruin at an old abandoned house in Valenwood. There I might learn more about Aranias' true purpose for coming here and what my role in this story should be.
Objective: Talk to Maruin