Online:The Jester's Joke
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Defeat Falarel
- Return to Lisondor
North of the Banished Cells is a spirit named Lisondor. When you approach him, he will mutter "I hate jesters. Jesters so cruel. I hate jesters, always the fool." Speak to him to find out why he hates jesters:
- "Hey there. Ever spend any time staring at your own corpse?
- I don't recommend it."
- What happened to you?
- "Falarel happened. The arcane jester to the cruel Rilis the Twelfth. I didn't appreciate his act.
- So he tortured me to death and trapped my soul."
- Is there anything I can do to help you?
- "What? You'd ... you'd help me? Thank you!
- I used to be a mage. There's a soul totem on my body here. My soul is down in the playroom, just through that door. Banish Falarel and capture my soul. Then bring it back to me."
- Consider it done.
Search Lisondor's corpse to get the soul totem, and enter the antechamber. Go south to find Falarel, avoiding fire traps and fighting skeletons. When you attack him, he will say "Why aren't you laughing? Don't you get the joke? My death is my masterpiece!" Once you defeat him, collect Lisondor's soul from the soul fire, and leave the ruins. Talk to Lisondor to finally give him peace:
- "So. How did it go?"
- I defeated Falarel and retrieved your soul.
- "Fantastic! It's been so long! Maybe now I can find some peace."
- What now?
- "I don't know. I'll go wherever I'm supposed to go, I guess. Wherever it is, it has to be better than here.
- Thank you. Now, if you'll excuse me."
Lisondor will then sit down next to his corpse, and fade away.
|The Jester's Joke|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|Lisondor told me to collect the soul totem from his body. I can use the totem to retrieve his soul.
Objective: Collect Soul Totem
|In order to collect Lisondor's soul, I must defeat the jester Falarel in his playroom.
Objective: Defeat Falarel
|I should use the totem to collect Lisondow's soul from the large soul fire burning here.
Objective: Collect Lisondor's Soul
Objective: Return to Lisondor