Online:Secrets of the Lost City
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Paldeen in his cell.
- Escort him to the Yokudan inscription.
- Recover the three Eyes of Yokuda.
- Place the three eyes in the holders.
- Enter the Yokudan Archives and speak to the Yokudan King.
- Recover the Cartulary of the Tamed Dunes.
- Speak to Paldeen.
Once you reach the Yokudan King, he begins with: "This place is lost to time, Wanderer. You could never understand its significance."
- Who are you?
- "I am the vestige of a king chosen to serve on the first council. We came to Volenfell long ago, and thought it our duty to tame this wild land. Why are you here wanderer?"
- I've come to claim the Cartulary.
- "What makes you worthy of such a relic? Any common thief could make it this far. Only someone truly worthy may take the Cartulary from its resting place."
- How can I prove my worth?
- "The Warrior wave of our fleet, the great Ra Gada sailed to this land in ages past. We are a people of strong and noble heritage. To earn our respect, you must succeed at a trial of combat, of kingship, or of bloodlines. Choose now."
You can now choose three options:
- I choose the trial of combat.
- I choose the trial of kingship. I know what it takes to rule.
- What is the trial of bloodlines? (If you're not a Redguard)
- I am Redguard; a descendant of the Yokudan people. I choose the trial of bloodlines. (If you're a Redguard)
If you choose the trial of combat, the king states:
- "The Ra Gada brought fear to Volenfell's shores. Breton, Orc, Nord, and Elf alike trembled at our battlecries and the prowess of our sword saints. To prove yourself worthy, you must best this challenge."
This results in a short battle with several undead and the Yokudan Corsair-King.
If you choose the trial of kingship, the king states:
- "Do you, now? You are either confident or arrogant. It matters little. Great kings are often both. Tell me, wanderer. How would you use the secrets of the Cartulary?"
- [Persuade] I'll give the Cartulary to the rightful heirs of the Ra Gada, you have my word.
- "A true king knows that strength is often found in humility. We foster our people because they, in turn, make us stronger. A king is nothing if he is not beloved. Your answer satisfies me."
- [Intimidate] These riddles don't interest me. Give me the Cartulary or I'll take it.
- "You're a plunderer, then! Many of the Ra Gada kings were corsairs. We raided the coastal cities and merchant vessels of the Bretons. We were both wealthy and feared because of our ferocity. Your answer satisfies me."
- I'll use the Cartulary as I see fit.
- "You'll forgive me if I don't find your argument compelling."
If you choose the trial of bloodlines, and are not a Redguard, the king states that this trial is not available to you. You can ask if Paldeen can take the trail, but the king states:
- "Was it Paldeen who overcame the dangers? Who battled the guardians? Who risked life and limb to stand before me? No. You are the focus of these trials, not Paldeen."
Alternatively, if you choose the trial of bloodlines as a Redguard, the king states:
- "You speak truth. Yokudan blood flows through your veins. I can sense it. The Cartulary is yours, by right of blood. Use it as you will, but know that to abuse its secrets will bring you and your children great dishonor and misfortune."
Whatever your choice, if you are successful he parts with: "The Cartulary is yours to claim. Farewell wanderer. We shall not meet again."
|Secrets of the Lost City|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective: Lead Paldeen Away from the Khajiit
Objective: Find the Yokudan Tablet
Objective: Wait for Paldeen
Objective: Talk to Paldeen
Objective: Collect the Right Eye of Yokuda
Objective: Collect the Third Eye of Yokuda
Objective: Collect the Left Eye of Yokuda
Objective: Open the Archive
Objective: Explore the Yokudan Archive
Objective: Retrieve the Cartulary
Objective: Take the Cartulary of the Tamed Dunes