The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
The Dead King
Nanwen's spirit can be summoned by using the Nanwen's Sword memento earned in Rulanyil's Fall. He will appear and speak one of the following lines:
- Nanwen: "The joke's on Endarwe. I'm bound to that sword now. Though he does still have my body—a little off-putting actually."
- Nanwen: "This can't be all there is to the afterlife. Must be some way to pass onto the next plane. Some cliff I could jump off. Maybe a tiger could eat me."
- Nanwen: "What's on your itinerary today, adventurer? Probably more interesting than mine."
- Nanwen: "By the Divines, I had no idea death would be so boring. Literally nothing happens. Let that be a fair warning to you, adventurer!"
- Nanwen: "The sayings are wrong. I don't have more appreciation for life now. I'm just slightly bitter. And bored."
- Nanwen: "I wonder if my family's moved on. I just hope they're safe.I wonder if my family's moved on. I just hope they're safe."
- Nanwen: "Strange that my clothes are made of the same substance as my … ghostly form."
- Nanwen: "You know—sometimes I have better things to do than speak to you. Can't say what they are, but they're there!"