The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- A Hireling of House Telvanni: Help Sun-in-Shadow earn her freedom.
- Objections and Obstacles: Help Sun-in-Shadow become an Oathman.
- Reclaiming Vos: Investigate the new Telvanni magistrate of Vos.
A Hireling of House Telvanni
In the Council Chambers, the following scene will play out:
- Ralasa Delvi : "Well, well … what brings a slave to our audience chamber?"
- Eraven Onthim : "I bring tidings from my august patron, Magister Therana. She would have your masters know that this slave, Sun-in-Shadow, has earned her favor."
- Ralasa Delvi : "What? Magister Therana would lend her good name to this … thing? Preposterous!"
- Angharal Suth : "Ralasa, don't be as tiresome as your master."
- Vaelin Oren : "Can we move this along, please?"
- Eraven Onthim : "Very well. Magister Therana, by right of rank, demands that the slave girl, Sun-in-Shadow, be freed from her bonds and raised up to a Hireling of the Great House Telvanni. She belongs to Magister Otheri, does she not?"
- Angharal Suth : "Indeed. My most beneficent patron, Magister Otheri, acquiesces to Magister Therana's demands. He is confident that Therana will remember this kindness in the future. Sun-in-Shadow, you are hereby freed and lifted up to the rank of hireling."
- Ralasa Delvi : "My most majestic patron, Magister Gothren, warns you all. Lift up one of these beasts and a thousand more will follow. This is folly!"
- Llayne Sadri : "If there's nothing else? I have urgent business in Tel Mora."
Objections and Obstacles
Enter the Council Chamber on Sun-in-Shadow's behalf, and you'll hear:
- Ralasa Delvi : "My patron, Magister Gothren, opposes any further honors for the slave girl. Oh look, the lizard sent a representative. Such pretensions."
- Angharal Suth : "Approach, emissary. You may inform your benefactress, Sun-in-Shadow, that the Council has elected to reject her petition."
- Ralasa Delvi : "Be sure to add that all further petitions will meet the same fate. Cats and lizards have no place in our Great House."
- Eraven Onthim : "Honestly, Ralasa …."
- Angharal Suth : "Don't worry, Ralasa. The emissary will give Sun-in-Shadow a full account of this meeting. I have no doubt."
If you speak to her, she'll say:
- "If you come to ask me if I oppose Sun-in-Shadow's rise in rank, the answer is no. Nor does Mistress Dratha.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get back to Tel Mora."