|Home Settlement||North Beacon|
The Wayward Dagger
Find Lakhazga imprisoned aboard the Covenant ship.
- "Well? If you're here to end me, do it and be done. I'm tired of waiting."
- I'm not here to kill you. I'm here to free you.
- "It's about time! Steel and stone, you've got to get me out of here. I've got to reach my Moroth."
- I know you want to find your husband, but I was told to get you to the lighthouse.
- "He's there. Trapped with the rest of the Talon troops. Has to be. Look, I'm not the one the Daggers are after. They're after my Moroth."
- Aren't you an officer?
- "I'm just a line officer. Not worth a chase across the ocean. Morothmash, my husband, is who they're after.
Moroth was an advisor to King Kurog gro-Orsinium. He wanted out, a real life."
- So we have to get your Moroth and get out of here.
- "They'll have set up to bombard the lighthouse. Standard tactics. So, we take out the artillery first."
While scouting and fighting Covenant soldiers, she will add various comments:
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "Steel and stone, these cowards killed civilians. Bah!"
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "I miss my Moroth. Got to get that runt to safety."
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "Gore and glory! Let's get moving."
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "This is standard artillery deployment. No imagination. Like they're drilling in Wayrest."
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "Bunch of toothless runts."
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "Can't believe these troll-sons caught me."
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "As long as we take five or six of them with us, I'm happy."
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "Barely broke a sweat."
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "They'll never stop us!"
- "Look up, at that lighthouse. Quite a sight. I hope my Moroth is safe."
After burning the last trebuchet, she says,
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "Steel spit. We need to take out their commander, Bernardine. Only way to make sure they don't keep coming after Moroth."
If you talk to her before reaching the barracks, she will reluctantly share some extra information:
- "Keep moving."
- Can I ask you something?
- "Make it quick. Don't want to be off my guard."
- Why did you decide to defect?
- "The Redguard, the Bretons—they only let my people into the Covenant to use us as slaves.
We take the field first. We haul their heavy loads. And all the while they laugh at us behind our backs."
- Still, seems like a big decision to defect.
- "In my youth, I raided Breton settlements. A Redguard killed my clan matron. Slaughtered her over some imagined offense.
I have no love for these people or this Covenant they keep."
- Do you miss your command?
- "Some of the men looked past my skin and tusks. Saw me as a person.
Most, though, just gave me grief because I was an Orc, a woman, and their superior."
- Did any of them try to stop you?
- "Mauloch's fang. Yes. I don't like to think about it. Had to cut down this kid, a Redguard blade I'd trained since … I don't want to talk about it."
- What about your husband?
- "Moroth was the one who convinced me to leave."
- Your husband did?
- "I told you, he was an advisor to the Orc king. He's seen the injustice against our people at the highest levels. I trust him with all my soul."
Entering the barracks, she says, "Bernardine is here. I can smell him. Let's do this." When attacked, Bernardine will shout:
- Captain Bernardine: "The traitor shows her true colors!",
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "Principles transcend loyalty. Let that be my final lesson."
Finishing him, she says:
- Lakhazga gro-Rimat: "Walk with Mauloch, you bastard."
Once you find her husband you can witness their reunion:
- Morothmash: "You're safe! Are you hurt?"
- Lakhazga: "I'm fine. You've a soul of steel, my love."
- Morothmash: "May He always keep us together."
After talking to Moroth, you can talk to her again:
- "First Forge! We made it."
- Well fought, Lakhazga.
- "And you, my new friend. Without you, Moroth would have been dragged back to Orsinium in chains.
Walk with Mauloch. And may your kills be swift."
This completes the quest and you receive the War-Mage's Cowl.
She cannot be talked to after exiting the conversation as she disappears into the portal conjured by Sergeant Cangwen.
- Despite being a female, she has the gro- prefix specific to male Orcs instead of the gra- one.