During Bloodthorn Assassins, as you enter the castle, you'll hear:
- Captain Aresin : "My Lord, you must go now!"
- King Casimir : "I will not! The dragon does not flee its lair!"
- Captain Aresin : "They're coming for you! Wait. What was that?"
- Bloodthorn Assassin : "Death to the King!"
- Captain Aresin : "Get the King out of here! Go!"
At this point Verrik enters and the fight moves to the second floor:
- Verrik : "What do we have here? A lizard with a crown?"
- Knight of the Dragon : "Go! We'll handle this!"
- Knight of the Dragon : "Head upstairs and protect the King!"
- Verrik : "No one will stand in Angof's way!"
- Knight of the Dragon : "Go! The King fled toward the stairs!"
Once you defeat Verik, you'll hear:
- King Casimir : "Good riddance."
- King Casimir : "Captain, this isn't easy for me to say, but I want to apologize for ignoring your warnings."
- Captain Aresin : "It was nothing, my King. I apologize if I was impertinent in my duty."
- King Casimir : "Not at all, Aresin. Rise, please. In service to Daggerfall, our friend here is to have any support the watch or the knights can provide."
- Captain Aresin : "Of course. We'll do whatever we can to help find Angof and determine his motives. All of Daggerfall stands behind our hero."
When you speak to him after the battle, he'll tell you:
- "It would seem that the Captain's concern for me was well founded."
- "You saved me from this assassin's blade, as well as from my own foolishness this day."
- I did what I could.
- "Indeed. The body on my floor proves that."
- "Who was this man who came to kill me? What did he want?"
- The assassin was Verrik, but he worked for someone named Angof.
- "Angof? I've heard this name whispered by my agents."
- "The royal spymaster reports of unrest across my kingdom stirred into a froth by this Angof, but that's all we know."
- They wanted to create chaos by assassinating you.
- "Creating chaos is a method, not a goal. It's a means, not an end."
- "There's more going on here than chaos for its own sake. We must get to the bottom of this."
- Is there anything I can do?
- "Oh yes, my friend. I hereby grant you special dispensation to investigate the villain Angof in my name. "
- "But you must keep this quiet, for we don't want to tip our hand. I shall never forget your service this day, however."
This completes the quest. If you speak to him again, he'll say:
- "Go forth and know that Daggerfall and the crown stands behind you."