Online:Heist: Glittering Grotto
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|I was tipped off about rare gems stashed in the Glittering Grotto. I don't have much time to secure the goods before they're moved, so I should act quickly on this lead.|
- Talk to Fa'ren-dar and travel to the Glittering Grotto.
- Find seven pouches of rare gemstones.
- (Optional) Complete the heist within 8 minutes.
- Return to Fa'ren-dar at the entrance.
- Return to the Thieves Den and talk to Fa'ren-dar.
Read the Heist Board next to Fa'ren-dar in the Thieves Den. There is a new message, reading:
- "My sources say Glittering Grotto has a little more shine today. Rare gems, kept on site, not yet accounted for. Our buyer would like them to disappear without security being unnecessarily compromised."
Speak to Fa'ren-dar to travel to the Glittering Grotto and to ask more about the place itself:
- Glittering Grotto doesn't sound so bad. Nice even.
- "It is a beautiful place, but don't let the gleam distract you from the dangers within. The lush overgrowth makes it ideal for traps of all kinds. Mind your toes if you wish to keep them."
- The notice mentioned not to disturb the security.
- "Stinks of an inside job to me, but if our buyer wants to skim a little off the top, who are we to judge? We will charge extra for the added care, of course."
- I'll try not to get tripped up. Let's get on with the heist then.
When you have arrived to the cave, enter the tunnel ahead to start the timer and the objectives. You need to find seven puches of gemstones in order to complete the quest - it doesn't matter which route you take. Be aware of various traps on the floor, especially when you are close to the enemy NPCs. There are several gemstone pouches in hidden locations, so having the floating quest objective pins is very helpful here. Some pouches might spawn in comfortable locations on your way back, so you might not need to take the whole route around the cave.
When you have managed to gather all seven gem pouches, head back to Fa'ren-dar. Beware of the elite enemy NPC that has spawned near the exit and is rigorously patrolling the surrounding area. The timer stops once you are close to the tunnel entrance where you began the quest. Speak to Fa'ren-dar to get teleported back to Thieves Den. Back in the Den, speak with him one more time to hear whether he has managed to sell the valuables and can reward you accordingly.
- Advice for faster completion and some general information:
- Use potions of Invisibility with Vanish and Speed effect to sneak faster and avoid detection.
- Turn on quest objective pointers to see where the quest objects are located.
- If you see a collectible object very close to the entrance/in an easily accessible location, leave it until last.
- As soon as you complete all objectives, an elite enemy NPC will appear patrolling near the entrance area. Thus, you will need to plan additional time when heading back to Fa'ren-dar.
- Dying will not affect the timer.
- Being detected by the mobs reduces the timer greatly (by one minute), risking to fail the bonus objective.
|Heist: Glittering Grotto|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|I need to get to the site without drawing attention to myself. I should speak with Fa'ren-dar.
Objective: Talk to Fa'ren-dar
|When I'm ready, I should head down the tunnels to start the heist.
Objective: Enter the Tunnel to Begin Heist
|I need to locate the rare gems being held at this hideout. The area is heavily trapped, so I must be on my guard.
Objective: Steal Rare Gemstones: 0/7
Optional Step: Complete the Heist Before Time Runs Out
|I have the gems! I just need to get them safely to Fa'ren-dar.
Objective: Get Back to Fa'ren-dar
|I acquired the gems without disturbing the traps strewn about the hideout. Fa'ren-dar is waiting to lead me back to the Thieves Den from here. (If you completed objectives within time limit.)
I secured the gems, but left traces of my activity along the way. Fa'ren-dar is waiting to lead me back to the Thieves Den from here. We should get going while the going is still good. (If you did not complete objectives within time limit.)
Objective: Talk to Fa'ren-dar
|I turned over the goods to Fa'ren-dar. He'll be waiting with my share at the Thieves Den.
Objective: Collect Reward from Fa'ren-dar