|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Benduin.
- Gather the necessary components.
- Return to Benduin.
- Create a Guardian and challenge the others.
- "I can't believe it. I finally figured it out. This ... this could change everything!
- Our lurcher guardians--I've found a way to give each of them special powers!"
- Why would you want to give a lurcher special powers?
- "To make them more effective, of course! The guardians protect the village, and now we can imbue each of them with different elemental tactics
- And the best part is that building them isn't even hard. It's easy!"
- How do you build them?
- "Well, you see ... the husks are the same, grown from local flora. It's the guardian's guts that make it special.
- Bring me some thunderbug bellies, dew bugs, and hive seeds from outside the village, and I'll show you how to make one."
- I'll be back with them.
The three ingredients he asks you to find are fairly easy to get, as they are all around the clearing. You can get Dew Bugs from Rain Flowers, Hive Seeds from Porous Rocks, and Thunderbug Bellies by killing Thunderbugs. Many Dew Bugs and Hive Seeds are surrounded by Swarming Wasps: they are quite weak but can be annoying as they come in three waves. Once you defeat all 3 waves, you can search their hive to possibly find some loot. Once you have them all, return to Benduin:
- "That was fast, but I'm not surprised! Did you find the things we need to build you a guardian?"
- Yes. Now what?
- "Wonderful! Now comes the best part--mixing ingredients to give the guardian its powers.
- Lightning bellies and hive seeds make a fire guardian. Hive seeds and dew bugs make a wooden guardian. Lightning bellies and dew bugs, a water guardian."
- I get to choose which type of guardian we build?
- "Yes. It'll be your guardian! Use the husk and build the one you want. Then we'll test it against the others.
- Lead it over to challenge two other guardians. Tell you what--you can even use these healing roots to gibe your guardian an edge."
In front of you will be a guardian. When you examine it, you can make a guardian of each type. In three corners of the clearing are Guardian Opponents of each type. Lead your guardian to defeat any two, using the Healing Roots on it if its health decreases too much. The Healing Roots have a cooldown, but it's quite a short one. Once it has defeated two other guardians, return to Benduin:
- "I've never seen a guardian fight like that! Incredible! You really know how to choose a champion!"
- Thank you.
- "This day will go down in our clan's history, and you helped make it happen!
- Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to keep the guardians under control for very long, but I'm working on it!"
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|I need to gather dew bugs, thunderbug bellies, and hive seeds. Then I can bring them back to Benduin and see what he's talking about.
Objective: Collect Dew Bugs
Objective: Collect Thunderbug Bellies
Objective: Collect Hive Seeds
|I collected the requested ingredients. I should speak to Benduin now to see what's next.
Objective: Talk to Benduin
|Benduin gave be a husk and I can now choose which type of guardian I want to create.
Objective: Create a Guardian
Hidden Objective: Create a Fire Guardian
Hidden Objective: Create a Water Guardian
Hidden Objective: Create a Wooden Guardian
|Now that I've created my own guardian, Benduin asked me to lead it over to challenge two of the other guardians.
Objective: Have Your Guardian Defeat Two Other Guardians
Objective Hint: Use Roots to Heal Guardian
|My guardian defeated two of the other guardians. I should talk to Benduin.
Objective: Talk to Benduin