The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Home City||Elden Root|
|Location||Redfur Trading Post|
- "Y'ffre, the Singer, the Storyteller, who resides in the Now …."
- "First of the Earth Bones, who sang the songs the seas and birds now carry in their hearts …."
- "Spirit of the trees, who taught us both what it is to be a tree and how to sing the tree's own song …."
- "We sing and spin tales here in Valenwood in honor of you, Y'ffre, for the lessons you have taught us …."
- "For the songs you sang to us, and for those you sang to the other creatures of the wood …."
- "For the spirit of the Chaos Times, when Mer were beast, bird, and tree, all …."
- "And for the Pact, the kinship we share with beast and bird and tree, now."
- "Well, that's done. Now, where'd I put my jagga? I need a drink."
- "Y'ffre the Singer is the most important god we worship. We know many people—especially other elves—place Auri-El higher, for Auri-El's province is that of time, in itself uninterruptible and majestic.
- But Y'ffre is the Now, the living moment."
- "The living moment is encapsulated within the song of every living creature, metered out by the pulse of its heart.
- Your heart is your life's drum, the beat to which you always move and think. The Now is your life in any moment as you see it."
- "So really, time as a concept is more relevant to the whole of Mundus, of course. Nobody is arguing that.
- But people, by and large, think of themselves first. The Now resides above the Mundus in the consciousness of most. Thus its importance!"