Aldmeri Spies are Altmer spies of the Aldmeri Dominion which have infiltrated Sanguine's Demesne. Seducer Trilvath asks you to find them and make them drink from Sanguine's Goblet so that they'll stay forever. Some may be persuaded to do so; otherwise, you'll have to fight them.
Using the Sanguine's Goblet memento after the related quest will summon a ghostly vision of a spy.
Aldmeri spies have three dialogue trees. Finishing a dialogue tree without persuading or intimidating a spy will initate combat:
Spies that have to be engaged in combat:
- "What do you want?"
- You're going to drink this, one way or another.
- "You're welcome to try, Ebonheart dog."
- Prepare to feel pain, spy!
Spies that can be persuaded:
- "Enjoying the party, fellow Ebonheart Pact citizen?"
- You're a spy, and I'm going to make you drink this!
- "No, thank you. I'd rather not drink anything in a Daedric temple."
- You will drink this, even if I have to pour it down your throat.
- [Persuade] If you don't drink, everyone will know you're a spy.
Spies that can be intimidated:
- "Oh, hello. You're going to hurt me, aren't you?"
- That depends. Our host wants you to drink this.
- "Please, I don't want to drink that!"
- Too bad. Let's get this over with.
- [Intimidate] Take a sip or take a beating. Your choice.
After the quest is completed, the spies can say one of the following lines:
- "Hey, my favorite Ebonheart dog! Isn't this party the greatest thing ever?"
- "I feel great! I'm sorry I doubted you. Isn't Sanguine amazing?"
- "You know, these Dremora aren't that bad. A little high-strung, but good people. Is that the right word? People?"