I got into the room and killed the lich mob but there is no statue on the right pedastal, or anywhere in that room. So where is that statue and why cant I find it? I never was in that ruin before heading there for the statue. What gives?
I only came up with 24 Welkynd Stones, and I went back through the whole place without any light to see if I missed any. Can anyone confirm that there are indeed 26 here?
While I'm at it, has anyone else locked themselves out of the northeast corner (see note about jumping down from the bridge past the ayleid statue room) and figured how to open those gates up again? --Nephele 00:46, 30 July 2006 (EDT)
- I was planning on doing a full location-by-location count of all Welkynd stones, similar to what I did with the Varla stones a while back. There's considerably more of them, so it'll be a bit more work, but shouldn't be that difficult. You might want to wait until then to get a fully accurate count. --TheRealLurlock 01:15, 30 July 2006 (EDT)
- That would help. I've been double checking the numbers when I explore each ruin, and often come out higher than the count that was previously on the page. Other times when my count was lower, then I went back and scoured I'd find the missing one(s). But it is tough to always find all of them, so a CS-side count would be a good check. When you did your Varla stone count did you go through and check that each ruin's description had the correct count too? --Nephele 01:21, 30 July 2006 (EDT)
- No, I didn't check all the ruins. Though I'm guessing the Varla stone count is probably more accurate, because those things are usually hard to miss. (Finding the mechanism to open them may be tricky, but most of the time they're right out in the open, in plain view.) But after I post the Welkynd stone count, it might not be a bad idea to check both counts against what's on the individual ruin pages. --TheRealLurlock 09:03, 30 July 2006 (EDT)
Well, the CS agrees with your count of 24. It's possible whoever entered 26 was counting the 2 Varla stones as well? Anyhow, I'll fix it. --TheRealLurlock 09:35, 30 July 2006 (EDT)
Accessing statue room
I moved this comment here:
- "Actually, you can simply go back into the main room and take a different door (there are 3; the northern one will get you on the side of the gate where the statue is) to get around the locked gate."
It's not that simple. After locking myself out, I tried all three doors, and and I couldn't get back into that area. None of the doors give you direct access to the corner where the stairs are; there are gates between you and the stairs, and the gates won't open any more. --Nephele 22:41, 20 September 2006 (EDT)
- Using the northern door, you can get back to the area where are the two Varla Stones but NOT to the statue area. --Piter 09:54, 7 January 2007 (EST)
- I managed to get into the statue room, completely miss the statue, and then leave for a diferent ruin. I later came back and after a bit of wandering, I found the statue room, looked across from the chest, see the statue, and take it.