Oblivion talk:The Ghost Ship of Anvil
- I dont really see a need for one as it is only part of on enquest and after that it contains nothing of value practical ues.
There was a note I found inside the ship, it seems to give directions. Does anyone know what they mean? Rorschach 16:09, 12 July 2008 (EDT)
- It's a fairly common note that just adds some background colour to the game. They don't mean anything. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 16:28, 12 July 2008 (EDT)
Immune to silver ?
- What level were you playing at? I found that even with a silver longsword at around level 3 I found it very difficult to hurt the spectral sailors; I came back at level 10 or so with Oblivion:Chillrend which seemed to do the trick. piphil 03:28, 16 December 2008 (EST)
- I was at least level 15, probably 17.--DynV 18:58, 18 December 2008 (EST)
- Thanks.126.96.36.199 13:59, 19 July 2009 (UTC)Marcus
- I've just completed this quest, however all five of the Spectral Sailors dropped a "Fine Steel Cutlass" as opposed to a "Sharpened Cutlass". Not a big deal, but I'm just wondering what caused this. Muzher 20:40, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
Expecting a different ending?
I was expecting the woman to own up to killing all her shipmates... they all just happen to die? and their ghosts hate her? i thought the best part was when she said oh i grabbed the captains cutglass before his ghost ran me out. Sounds like she didn't want to split the pot and killed her crew and then after looting the captain his ghost attacked her.— Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 14:50 on 21 July 2009
- If you advance in the Dark Brotherhood, you will find out what really happened to the crew. Read the quest notes. Wolok gro-Barok 15:06, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- After you finish the quest, this ship makes a decent free house. All the sacks, the captain's chest, the chest (on top of the drawer) in the room to the right of the stairs and both chests on the lowest deck do not respawn.
- If you want a bottle of Skooma, there is one hidden on the cargo hold level where a dead sailor is on a barrel. It is easy to miss as it is very small and obscured by other shelves- it is on the middle one of the low shelves next to the corpse surrounded with some gems.
Just another way to kill the ghosts, run in aggro them, run back out of the boat and into the streets, everybody should join in the attack, then I just jumped around dodging the spells the ghosts cast and let the guards and people kill the ghosts, seemed an easy way to do it at low level. the only problem is with people dying. had one of the guards die to the 5th ghost, but other than that, seemed like a good method ~x5tink — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 06:41 on 15 July 2011
- Problem with that strategy (which applies to many quests) is, like you say, people dying. On the dockside, both Mirabelle Monet and Hauls-Ropes-Faster are advanced trainers and can give you quests later on. --Krusty 06:55, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
I'm attempting a pacifist run through Oblivion, and was able to successfully complete this quest without killing anything.