Oblivion talk:Battlehorn Castle Items
Does anyone know where you can actually find Lord Kelvyn's Bulwark? The Dragonsword and Lord Kain's shield are carried by the hidden skeleton chap, but Kelvyn's shield is nowhere to be found...
- 1 Dragonsword of Lainlyn
- 2 Lord kelvyn's Bulwark question
- 3 Dragonsword of Lainlyn set at level 1-4 on new game...
- 4 I have the highest level of the Dragonsword?
- 5 Sparring stuff
- 6 Sparring weapons superb for armorer training
- 7 Hidden Ring
- 8 Castle Reinstall Glitch
- 9 Clarification on Dragonsword & Bulwark Shield info in the Notes
- 10 going to have to uninstall/reinstall cause of levelled item glitch, questions
- 11 The Sparring Weapons
Dragonsword of Lainlyn
Has anyone been able to obtain the highest level (25+) of this item? No matter how I tried, i.e. uninstall/reinstall, I could only get one level lower one (20-24), even I am able to obtain the highest level of Lord Kelvyn's Bulwark under the same condition/character/procedure, etc. So I guess my question is: without mod, could one actually obtain the highest level one in a natural way? You might have guessed, yes, I am on Xbox 360. Thx. --Terry 13:58, 1 January 2008 (EST)
Lord kelvyn's Bulwark question
(Question moved from Oblivion Talk:Oblivion)
Here's the deal.I save the castle at level 14.train to level 30.Evan though I'm level 30 I get the sheald at a level 12-15 range because when I saved the castle thats when the sheald's created. I feel cheated. is there any way to get the sheald at level 30+ range — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
Dragonsword of Lainlyn set at level 1-4 on new game...
Not for me. I made a new character and Battlehorn Castle was one of the first things I got. I'm level 32 now and just got the sword, It's level 20-24(?).I had the Fighter's Stronghold before my new game.anyone have any input? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- Are you running the Unofficial Official Mods Patch? That fixes this problem. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 06:52, 18 March 2008 (EDT)
- Looking more closely at the sword it looks like the level of the sword will be determined by your character's level at the time when you retrieve the sword. Unlike almost all other mod-related items, this item is found on a leveled enemy, not in a chest. Equipment carried by a leveled character (NPC or creature) is reset every time your character levels up.
- On the other hand, the fact that the item is carried by Lord Kain has some additional consequences. In particular, loot carried by a leveled character is determined by the minimum of the character's level and the player's level. Lord Kain is 5 levels lower than the player, but his level only varies from a minimum value of 10 to a maximum value of 20. The upshot of which is:
- The level 20 sword is the maximum that can ever be obtained.
- The levels determining the sword you obtain are not what the article previously stated.
- I've updated the article accordingly. --NepheleTalk 19:57, 18 March 2008 (EDT)
I have the highest level of the Dragonsword?
Please note I am using the 360 version. I've just killed Kain, and his sword is surprisingly the level 25 version. It has the same stats as the ones described in the article. I even have the 30 damage 'Dragon Breath' lesser power as I wield it. I'm wondering how this is? Was there an official patch that addressed this?
Same here. I don't have the highest level of the sword, but the level 25 version. The page would make it seem like the highest two versions can't be obtained. It says Lord Kain is five levels below the player and maxes at 20 and that decides the level of the sword but I was level 26 and still got the level 25 version. 126.96.36.199 23:28, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
I just reinstalled Battlehorn castle, eager to get the sparring equipment. At first I didn't think anything of it, but after seeing this article I decided to say it. Sometimes he'll practice archery with the archery butt, so he'll equip an iron bow instead of sparring equipment, making them all stay in his inventory. I also pickpocketed the sparring dagger from him. Since it's stolen, I thought "What the heck" and started to spar with him. After a while I was bored, so I knocked him unconscious, then pickpocketed another dagger from him. Except in my inventory the second dagger wasn't marked as stolen! The slightly worn dagger, however, was. I dropped the not stolen dagger, picked it up, and had my own sparring dagger! Just thought I'd share those few tips.
Sparring weapons superb for armorer training
I maxed my armorer skill by pickpocketing sparring daggers (easiest to pickpocket) and repairing them from 100 to 125% health. The 500 health mentioned here in the Wiki seem to be incorrect. They have an incredibly high health and need many hammers for the 25% repair! — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 9 October 2009
- The 500 health is what is given in the Construction Set (which I have no reason to doubt in this case). --Timenn-<talk> 17:03, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
The item page doesn't note this but there is ring hidden in battlehorn. You need everything, including all upgrades, all taxidermy, and 20 of every special wine. After that a small ring appears under your bed. It is called Battlehorn Royal Seal, has the appearance of the Ulfgar Family Ring. and has the following enchantments: 100% resist fire and light 25 feet. It weighs 1 and you must be level 50 to find it. I tried at level 49, it wasn't there. I leveled up then checked, it was there! It isn't mentioned on any pages and it only appears in the construction set as an empty script. I couldn't find the BaseID or RefID. Defender of Lainlyn 04:13, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- It isn't possible to get 20 of every "special" wine, at least in their storage barrels- they each only hold 8 bottles. Only the Mead and Cheap Wine barrels hold up to 20 (actually 21). Mathiusdragoon 14:58, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
Castle Reinstall Glitch
I recently started my second character in Oblivion on the XBOX. In doing so Lord Kelvyn's Bulkward was reset to Level 1; even though I didn't open the chest containing it until Level 15.
I read on the main page that the only fix for this was to uninstall the plug-in, create a new save file, then reinstall it and load that save file. Upon doing so I start at the beginning of Battlehorn Castle (i.e. have to refight the group of Mauraders). However none of the upgrades purchased for the castle are present any longer. The game did not generate a new quest message for me to go purchase them, and upon visiting the merchant who sells the upgrades he does not offer them.
Someone please advise on what I'm doing wrong?
- Moreover, how does one uninstall a plug-in from an Xbox Live purchase? RevanchistXJ3 01:07, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- The Shield Level is generated based upon the pc level when the marauders are defeated. If you do the workaround described to get a higher level shield the castle will be completely reset. On Xbox, the add-on must be deleted or moved to a memory card and then a save file created on the un-modded version of the game. Then the add-on can be re activated. If you delete a add-on you can re-download it off of xbox live for free because you already bought it (you own the add-on indefinitely). Mathiusdragoon 14:58, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
- After reading this guys OP, i'm a little worried about doing this myself. I've done this delete/re-download trick on the xbox for frostcrag spire to get the unlimited oblivion gate core things, but if I do it for battlehorn, will i not be able to purchase upgrades anymore? If it helps, I haven't even bought the upgrades yet atm. Also, I'm doing this because I made the two battlehorn men at arms follow me, fast travelled, and then there was only one there. After some searching, and numerous "resting" (1 week), the other one never reappeared. Any advice, like is it safe to uninstall/reinstall? Also, any items, like the shield of true horn, from the castle, will be gone after i do this exploit right?
- edit: he's back at the castle, but to test what happened, i walked like 20 feet from the castle with both of them following me. then i fast travelled to the castle and only one "teleported" with me. the other one was where i was before i fast travelled. is this supposed to happen with followers? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 02:47 on February 18, 2011
Clarification on Dragonsword & Bulwark Shield info in the Notes
The final line of the shield 'notes' section ends with a confusing line related to the Sword. As read without any knowledge from other sources, it seems to imply to the reader that if the plug-in is deleted and then reinstalled on a new save after a player has attained a higher level that the sword will not re-enter the game at the item's correct level, but at the original level when the plug-in was first installed.
As I understand the plug-in content, deleting the plug-in removes all traces, so re-installing the same one would (re)introduce items & creatures scaled to the player's current level or some formula derived from it. Is my understanding of it correct?. And...Does the line from the notes..."The same is not true of the Dragonsword" relate to its leveling scheme or to the point in which the game locks the item data in the game save? 220.127.116.11 01:04, 6 January 2011 (UTC)
going to have to uninstall/reinstall cause of levelled item glitch, questions
is it safe? any one have any problems when they've done this? so far i only read about that above poster who couldn't buy add ons. was he just a rare exception? also, somewhat related, all the ingredients i get from frostcrag spire will be taken out of my inventory after i uninstall/reinstall it right? or wrong because those items already exist without the DLC. if they are taken out, will any potions made from those ingredients also dissapear? thanks. 18.104.22.168 12:41, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- If you're uninstalling any mod, make sure you're not in a cell which that mod effects (so go to a cave, or someone's house). Any unique items added by the mod and any progress you make/people you kill within the mod are erased, but any items from the vanilla game (for example, the Frostcrag alchemy garden ingredients you have) will remain. This also has the downside of losing all the gold you invest in the house upgrades. I have no experience with the Xbox Marketplace (which is what I assume you're talking about), but I understand that you can re-download the DLC for free once you've uninstalled it. Make sure you go back into the game without the plug-in and save before you re-install, otherwise it was a wasted process as the game won't realize the plug-in was missing in the first place. Legoless 13:16, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- It says "upgrades will be lost". I hope that implies that any current upgrades will be deleted (obviously) and that I can buy them again when I reinstall it? dtm 02:58, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
The Sparring Weapons
Im likly gonna get told off about outdated disscussions but would the Sparring weapons incurr a bounty on people other than that Orc who gives you the weapons? Dunehelm (talk) 23:28, 9 September 2013 (GMT)