- Speak with Azzan.
- Talk to Norbert Lelles at Lelles' Quality Merchandise.
- Confront the burglars.
- Defeat the burglars.
- Return to Lelles to receive your reward.
Azzan asks you to speak to Norbert Lelles at Lelles' Quality "Mercandise". The shop is outside Anvil in the harbor district along the dock. Ask Norbert about Break-Ins to learn that he's lost a great deal of merchandise over the past month. The thieves always come at night after he has gone to sleep. Norbert gives you permission to stay overnight to guard the place and mentions that he'll be staying next door at the Flowing Bowl Inn until you resolve the matter.
The three criminals waiting outside their target
Good Help is Hard to Find
Wait around inside the store, as the thieves may appear anytime; however, they will generally appear between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. Aenvir, Dranas Lerano, and Storn the Burly will appear in the store. Kill them and head next door to the Flowing Bowl to tell Norbert the news. It seems that all three men had worked for Norbert in the past. Norbert will give you a standard level-dependent gold reward, and your Fame will also increase by one point.
If you have not yet been to Cheydinhal to do Burz gro-Khash's quest The Desolate Mine, you need to head there next. If you have already completed that quest, Azzan will promote you to the rank of Journeyman and send you to Chorrol to talk to Vilena Donton and Modryn Oreyn for Unfinished Business.
- The thieves are flagged as evil, so you can simply kill them as they loiter outside the shop without acquiring a bounty. Any nearby guards will help with this.
- An easy way of killing the thieves is to exit the shop when fighting them. This will get the attention of the guards and townsfolk, who will attack the thieves for you.
- All three men have the store key, but removing the keys by pickpocketing will not prevent them from entering the store.
- You can easily take anything not nailed down in the shop while Lelles is out. This includes the Boots of the Eel on the top floor, second bedroom from the right, behind the drawers.
- The bodies of the dead thieves will remain in the shop indefinitely.
|The Unfortunate Shopkeeper (FGC02Protect)
||Azzan has told me about a contract in Anvil, at Norbert Lelles store, Lelles' Quality Merchandise.
||I've spoken to Norbert Lelles, who says he has had break-ins at his store almost nightly. He would like someone to stay in the store tonight and catch the crooks in the act.
||I have taken care of the crooks breaking into Norbert Lelles' store. I should speak with the shopkeeper himself.
||Norbert Lelles was surprised to learn that the men breaking in were all former employees, though none had been with him long. He was glad that the problem was taken care of, though.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage FGC02Protect stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.