|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Added by||Thieves Den|
|Available||9am-9pm every day|
|Training||Marksman, Advanced (75)|
(including enchanted ones and ones only available in the Thieves Den mod)
Melliwin "the Mongrel" is a Bosmer sharpshooter who can be found in the southeast corner of the main part of Dunbarrow Cove, along with several archery targets, after you purchase the "Fletcher" upgrade from Dahlia Rackham for 1000 gold. She sells bows and arrows (including unique enchanted ones). She provides training in Marksman up to level 75.
Melliwin wears a quilted doublet, rugged pants and a pair of leather boots. She is armed with a steel bow and iron arrows, as well as a lettuce. Melliwin can also use spells from the Mysticism and Restoration schools of magic; these are the same spells that you can cheaply buy off her, as her Mercantile is a mere 6.
Melliwin provides training and sells spells 24 hours/day, but she will only buy and sell items from 9am to 9pm. During those times, she can be found in the southwest corner of the main cavern where she will either be practicing her archery or standing around (ostensibly enchanting arrows).
She sells the following spells:
|Soul Trap||Apprentice||60||Soul Trap for 20 sec on Touch|
|Minor Fortify Marksman*||Novice||14||Fortify Marksman 5 pts for 30 sec on Self|
|Stalker's Instinct*||Apprentice||28||Fortify Sneak 5 pts for 30 sec on Self
Fortify Marksman 5 pts for 30 sec on Self
|Major Fortify Marksman*||Apprentice||34||Fortify Marksman 10 pts for 30 secs on Self|
|Fortify Agility||Apprentice||42||Fortify Agility 5 pts for 90 secs on Self|
|Fortify Speed||Apprentice||42||Fortify Speed 5 pts for 90 secs on Self|
|Greater Fortify Agility||Journeyman||102||Fortify Agility 10 pts for 90 secs on Self|
|Greater Fortify Speed||Journeyman||102||Fortify Speed 10 pts for 90 secs on Self|
|Greater Fortify Marksman*||Journeyman||124||Fortify Marksman 20 pts for 45 secs on Self|
|Greater Stalker's Instinct*||Journeyman||68||Fortify Sneak 10 pts for 30 secs on Self
Fortify Marksman 10 pts for 30 secs on Self
* Indicates spells which cannot be purchased from anyone else, though spells with the same effects at different magnitudes can be purchased elsewhere.
- Melliwin is often seen picking fights with other occupants of Dunbarrow Cove, and will randomly run across the cave to attack either Kovan Kren, Khafiz, or Tahm Blackwell. They will fight until one or the other is knocked unconscious (since they are all essential, nobody ever dies during these fights), but sometimes Melliwin will run away and possibly not come back. While engaged in a fight neither combatant will offer any services.
- This bug is fixed by version 12 of the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.
- Create or use an already existing Calm spell (up to at least level 10+, and with a relatively large area of effect), and if the merchants begin fighting, fire the spell until they are all calm. After that simply use the wait feature and wait for any amount of time. When you "wake up", the pirates should be walking back to their posts as if nothing happened.
- Try to get the fight to move to an area away from either person's usual area. In that case, once somebody falls unconscious, the other person will wander off, which tends to cease the fight, especially if you then start interacting with one of the participants.
- Wait for some period of time (12 hours, 24 hours) and see if their behavior resets.
- Select one participant in the fight and use the kill command. This will knock that participant unconscious and should reset the behavior of both combatants.