Note: See also: Spells.
- Because of a glitch, only the apprentice level spell is available; it is available when wearing the version of the helm that is acquired at levels 1 to 4.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
Essence Drain is significantly cheaper (>50% cheaper) than an equivalent custom spell made at the Spellmaking Altar. The costs in parentheses provide the magicka costs of the comparable custom spell.
|Absorb Fatigue 5pts for 5sec on Touch
Absorb Health 2pts for 5sec on Touch
Absorb Magicka 2pts for 5sec on Touch
|Absorb Fatigue 10pts for 6sec on Touch
Absorb Health 5pts for 6sec on Touch
Absorb Magicka 5pts for 6sec on Touch
|Absorb Fatigue 15pts for 7sec on Touch
Absorb Health 7pts for 7sec on Touch
Absorb Magicka 7pts for 7sec on Touch
|Absorb Fatigue 20pts for 8sec on Touch
Absorb Health 10pts for 8sec on Touch
Absorb Magicka 10pts for 8sec on Touch
|Absorb Fatigue 25pts for 9sec on Touch
Absorb Health 12pts for 9sec on Touch
Absorb Magicka 12pts for 9sec on Touch
|Absorb Fatigue 40pts for 10sec on Touch
Absorb Health 15pts for 10sec on Touch
Absorb Magicka 15pts for 10sec on Touch
Finger of the Mountain
Received from Cloud Top during the Fingers of the Mountain quest.
This spell isn't much of a reward: except at low levels (<5), it costs more to cast than the same spell made at the Spellmaking Altar. It becomes an increasingly worse deal at higher levels. A level 26 Finger of the Mountain would be impossible to cast for most characters without massive amounts of Fortify Magicka (and may still be out of reach even then). In fact, the two most powerful versions of this are the 1st and 2nd highest casting-cost spells available in the entire game. (The next one ranks 6th from the top, below Enemies Explode (842), Blizzard (836), and Legendary Soul Trap (810).) The costs in parentheses provide the magicka costs of the comparable custom spell. Some of this difference might be justified by the fact that this spell deals the damage instantaneously, while custom spells will always spread the damage over 1 second or more. As you level your magic schools, the cost of magic spells is greatly reduced, even Finger of the Mountain would be reduced to something more feasible. Once at 100 destruction level the strongest version of Finger of the Mountain costs 710 magicka.
|Shock Damage 6pts in 5ft on Target||11|
|Shock Damage 20pts in 5ft on Target||75 (54*)|
|Shock Damage 40pts in 5ft on Target||211 (131*)|
|Shock Damage 90pts in 5ft on Target||715 (371*)|
|Shock Damage 140pts in 5ft on Target||1386 (653*)|
|Shock Damage 200pts in 10ft on Target||3551 (1547*)|
Reward for completing the A Plot Revealed quest, upon promotion to Wizard of the Mages Guild.
Wizard's Fury is significantly cheaper, over 50% so, than an equivalent custom spell made at the Spellmaking Altar. The costs in parentheses provide the magicka costs of the comparable custom spell.
The two lowest-leveled versions of the spell appear with a Shock icon in the player's inventory and appear as a lightning bolt; all the others show a Fire icon and act as a fire ball. This is due to a spell's appearance being linked to the highest costing effect.
|Fire Damage 1 pt for 5sec on Target
Frost Damage 7pts on Target
Shock Damage 7pts on Target
|Fire Damage 2 pt for 5sec on Target
Frost Damage 10pts on Target
Shock Damage 10pts on Target
|Fire Damage 3 pt for 7sec on Target
Frost Damage 13pts on Target
Shock Damage 13pts on Target
|Fire Damage 5 pt for 10sec on Target
Frost Damage 16pts on Target
Shock Damage 16pts on Target
|Fire Damage 6 pt for 10sec on Target
Frost Damage 20pts on Target
Shock Damage 20pts on Target
|Fire Damage 8 pt for 12sec on Target
Frost Damage 25pts on Target
Shock Damage 25pts on Target
|Fire Damage 10 pt for 15sec on Target
Frost Damage 30pts on Target
Shock Damage 30pts on Target
Leveled Spell Notes
- The magicka cost for leveled spells rarely matches the value you would calculate from the Spell Cost equation. In other words, if you were to create the same spell at the Spellmaking Altar, it would have a different magicka cost than the leveled spell. Spells that are a bad deal, i.e. more expensive than a custom spell, are in red; spells that are a good deal are in green. The magicka cost if you were to create a custom spell at the Spellmaking Altar is shown in parentheses.
- Magicka cost for spells is dependent upon your skill in the school (as modified by Luck, see Magic Overview). The provided baseline values are the magicka cost when your skill level is 33. For other skill levels the magicka cost can be determined from:
Cost * (1.4 - 0.012 * Skill)
- Difficulty indicates what skill level you must reach (or surpass) in order to use a spell. Skill Level 0-24 = Novice, 25-49 = Apprentice, 50-74 = Journeyman, 75-99 = Expert, 100 = Master.