|# of Zones||1|
(1 boss-level Marauder)
|1 boss-level Chest|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Northwest of Kvatch, southwest of Trumbe|
- Fort Wariel is mentioned in Grommok's Journal as one of the dungeons they looted.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -41, 0
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Wariel (editor name FortWarielMapMarker). The entrance door is SSE of the marker, 130 feet away.
- 1-3 Campsite Marauders (each 50% probability melee Marauder, 16% archer Marauder, 16% Marauder Battlemage, 16% dog) are near the entrance
- 1 Chest 04 is near the entrance
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 1 Arrowroot plant, 6 Fennel plants, 1 Flax plant, 1 Ginseng plant, 10 Lady's Mantle plants, 19 Motherwort plants, 4 Viper's Bugloss plants, and 21 Goldenrod plants
Zone 1: Fort Wariel
This fort is quite complex and you may find navigating through it challenging. Immediately after you enter, you will come across a broken bridge with a swinging mace (D; tripwire just in front at E). At this point there are three potential routes you can take.
- The most obvious is simply continuing along the bridge: jump across and make your way along the corridor until you find yourself in front of door F. It is heavily locked; and since you will find the key later on, it is advisable to simply turn right for the time being. You will find yourself in the room beneath the bridge.
- With a high Acrobatics skill, it is possible to jump from the bridge onto the ledge on the left. This path leads you to an area with two bedrolls (b), three minor loot chests, and a few marauders. Continuing along the corridors will eventually lead you to the room beneath the bridge.
After having taken one (or both) of the following paths, or by simply jumping down the bridge, you will find yourself in a small room. Head east and you will end up in a room containing the fort's boss chest (B), guarded by a boss-level marauder (A) and a standard one. Try to use the swinging maces at D to your advantage by luring the enemies towards them and then triggering the tripwire at E. On the table next to the boss chest is the key (k) which opens door F; providing you with a quick way back to the entrance.
- 1 boss-level Marauder at location A on map
- 4-5 Campsite Marauders (each 50% probability melee Marauder, 16% archer Marauder, 16% Marauder Battlemage, 16% dog)
- 1 Marauder Battlemage
- 1 boss-level Chest (Marauder variety; locked) at location B on map
- 2 Chests 01 (both locked)
- 1 Chest 02
- 1 Chest 03
- 2 Chests 04
- Wariel's Key at k
- The following armor will always be found: 1 Iron Boots, 1 Iron Cuirass, 2 Iron Gauntlets, and 1 Iron Helmet
- The following weapons will always be found: 3 Iron Shortswords
- Some of the above items are clustered at location C: 1 Iron Boots, 1 Iron Cuirass, 2 Iron Gauntlets, and 1 Iron Helmet
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at Out) in/out of this zone, leading outside
- 1 Old Wooden Door at F (locked, opened by Wariel's Key)
- 2 bedrolls at locations b on map