Oblivion: Fort Cuptor
|# of Zones||2|
|1 boss-level Chest
1 Mysticism Skill Book
|Console Location Code(s)|
|FortCuptorExterior, FortCuptor, FortCuptor02|
|Far east of Bravil on Lake Canulus|
- On a table not far from the entrance are some zero-weight Child Overalls, which can be picked up but are marked as not "playable" and will not appear in your inventory.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 44, -7
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Cuptor (editor name FortCuptorMapMarker). The entrance door is E of the marker, 10 feet away.
- 0-2 Mud Crabs are near the entrance
- 1 Nirnroot is at location N on map
- 1 Wilderness Chest 01 (non-respawning) is near the entrance
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 1 Columbine plant, 16 Foxglove plants, 10 Green Stain Cup plants, and 13 Summer Bolete plants
- Note that to reach the chest in the exterior you will have to jump from the hill on to the broken walls and then continue to the small rampart where you will find the chest.
Zone 1: Fort Cuptor
You start in this level at an intersection: heading left leads to a chamber with up to two enemies and two minor loot chests; while heading right leads to most of the level. The entrance to the second zone, (C), is located in a corridor adjacent to the door you came in from.
The southern section is much more interesting. In front of gate D is a small experimentation area with of a stone bed (b). Atop the nearby table is an open coffin containing a child's skeleton as well as his overalls; a soul gem and other items. Use the switch (cyan dot on the map) on the wall to open the gate and enter a large chamber containing two stone altars with Headless zombie corpses.
- 1 Chest 02 (locked)
- 1 Chest 04
- 2 Coffins 02
- The other following items will always be found: 1 empty common soul gem, 1 Apprentice Alembic and 1 Silver Dagger
Doors and Gates:
- There are two doors in/out of this zone
- 1 door (at Out) leads outside
- 1 door (at C) leads out of dungeon to Fort Cuptor Battlemains
- 1 Portcullis Gate at D
- 1 sleeping slab at location b on map
Zone 2: Fort Cuptor Battlemains
This zone is quite complicated, as it effectively presents two levels, one placed atop the other. The central part of the zone is a large room with a corridor looping around it. You can enter the room from either the north or the south and advancing in one direction will attract most the enemies from around. While making your way around, take care to avoid the Broken Grate traps (T), which cause you to fall in the lower level. Sneaking may also be useful as the enemies below will normally detect you, blowing your chances of surprise.
In the eastern portion of the corridor is an enemy hidden behind two thick tapestries which are likely to trap him and therefore make him easy to dispatch. Collect the various loot, including the various items found at E and head northwest to a room containing three minor loot chests, a boss chest (B) and an assortment of precious items (D). To reach the lower level, you will have to fall down one of the grates. The fall damage is limited, but be prepared for cramped, close-quarter combat with multiple enemies. Make your way to the western end and activate the switch (cyan dot on map) that opens gate F and allows you to backtrack to door C.
- 1 boss-level Chest (Necromancer variety) at location B on map
- 1 Mysticism Skill Book: Souls, Black and White at D
- 1 Chest 01
- 1 Chest 02
- 1 Chest 03
- 1 Coffin 01
- 5 Coffins 02
- The following alchemy equipment will always be found: 1 Novice Alembic, 1 Novice Calcinator, 1 Novice Mortar & Pestle, and 1 Novice Retort
- The following ingredients will always be found: 1 Dragon's Tongue and 1 Nightshade
- The other following items will always be found: 1 Repair Hammer, 1 Topaz, 2 empty lesser soul gems, 1 empty petty soul gem, 1 Weak Potion of Alacrity, 1 Weak Potion of Charisma, 1 Weakness to Disease scroll, and 1 Silver Dagger.
- Some of the above items are clustered at the following locations:
- At B: 1 Repair Hammer, and 1 boss-level Chest (Necromancer variety)
- At D: 1 Silver Dagger, 1 Mysticism Skill Book: Souls, Black and White, 1 Topaz, and 2 empty lesser soul gems
- At E: 1 Weakness to Disease scroll, 1 Dragon's Tongue, 1 Nightshade, 1 Novice Alembic, 1 Novice Calcinator, 1 Novice Mortar & Pestle, 1 Novice Retort, 1 Weak Potion of Alacrity, 1 Weak Potion of Charisma, and 1 empty petty soul gem
- 5 Broken Grate traps at locations T on map
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at C) in/out of this zone, leading to the zone Fort Cuptor
- 1 Portcullis Gate at F
- 1 bed at location b on map
- 1 bedroll at b