Oblivion:Cosmus the Cheat
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Cosmus the Cheat
|Location||Northeast corner of town, behind The Fair Deal|
|Faction(s)||Bravil; Bravil Beggars; Beggars|
His bedroll is located just behind The Fair Deal and he sleeps there every night between 10pm and 6am. After waking up, he heads for the Great Chapel of Mara, where he tries his luck near the side of the chapel for four hours. At 10am, he can be found near the Northern Gate and at 2pm in the area near A Warlock's Luck. If he has found anything to eat, he will cross the bridge at 6pm and take his dinner on the bench in front of the Lonely Suitor Lodge. If not, he will live up to his nickname and steal from Wretched Aia's food bag in the southwestern corner of Bravil. If he finds some food in there, he will eat it at the bench, otherwise he will wander around hungrily until it's time to go back to his bedroll at 10pm.
Cosmus is infected with the disease Chills and you can be infected should you engage him in combat. His possessions reflect his stature: he wears a collared shirt and a pair of sack cloth pants and carries a tan cup.
- Finding the Thieves Guild: So you want to join the Thieves Guild? Don't you know it doesn't even exist?
- Arrow of Extrication: Steal an arrow for the Gray Fox.
- Speechcraft Training: Cyrodiil's master orator wants you to comfort the unfortunate to prove yourself worthy of her training.
- Ironically, while Cosmus steals from Aia's foodsack, she will actually do the same to him - making both of them eat each other's stolen food in front of the Lonely Suitor Lodge.
- On occasion, he may fall from one of the bridges joining the two halves of the town or walk right off the large rock to the left of The Warlock's Luck, which often results in him inadvertently killing himself in the process due to his low health.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.0.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.