Morrowind talk:Magas Volar
Only Way to Escape
"Note that defeating Volar is almost the ONLY way to escape from this location. Almsivi Intervention, Divine Intervention, and Recall spells will NOT work here." not true, according to a game of the year version, which hasn't been patched and altered in any way. you should be able to use recall just like any other time. Simon 06:31, 25 June 2008 (EDT)
- so with my GOTY edition for XBOX i should be able to use a tele spell and get out?184.108.40.206 19:25, 16 May 2009 (EDT)superdapp220.127.116.11 19:25, 16 May 2009 (EDT)
Amulet and script
Is it possible to fix the bug in the amulet's script? FWIW, why exactly isn't the script working? What is/was the problem - since teleporting in (with the other amulet) is functioning properly. Is there a patch for this (does the UMP do anything about it)? If not, could someone tell me what I would have to do to repair that myself. -18.104.22.168 16:45, 30 July 2008 (EDT)
- The article already describes a simple fix and mod, not sure what more you want?--Benould•T•C 17:03, 30 July 2008 (EDT)
Amulet not working?
I found the amulet, carried it for a while, first put it on outside Tel Fyr (if that matters), and now nothing happens when I put it on. I think I'll just use the console, but this is weird... — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 03:46 on 31 July 2008 (UTC)
- It's not working for me either...Rebent 21:33, 24 March 2009 (EDT)
Problem with Construction set solution
Tried the mod solution with the Construction set. It never showed up when I clicked on Data Files when starting Morrowind as an option. Ideas? 126.96.36.199 21:34, 22 January 2013 (GMT)
- You opened the CS, loaded the morrowind data file, looked for the amulet in the clothing list and it wasn't there? Jeancey (talk) 21:38, 22 January 2013 (GMT)
Is it really the ONLY way?
I remember the way of stripping naked Divayth Fyr without killing him - you use the destroy armor spell then calm him and steal his armor. Isn't it possible to do the same to Lord Dregas Volar? Just destroy his weapon so that it would be in his inventory, then calm him and steal it. Or if you don't have destroy weapon spell - just let him pound you till his weapon breaks(there is a problem of staying alive though). — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 13:49 on 9 July 2013
- This is a couple years old, I know, but this needs to be addressed: Dremora are treated as creatures in the game, and thus can't be Pickpocketed like they can in later titles. This is also the reason why you can't just pickpocket Wraithguard from Vivec, or Sheogorath's Signet Ring from Staada. Bauglir100 (talk) 10:35, 17 March 2015 (GMT)
Keeping the 3100 gold worth amulet
I just want to share to everybody. You can actually keep the Daedric Sanctuary Amulet that is worth 3100 gold. Here's how:
1. Unlock and open the Small Ornate Lockbox located beside Divayth Fyr.
2. Equip the Daedric Sanctuary Amulet without exiting the inventory menu.
3. Teleport to Magas Volar when prompted.
4. Do not. I repeat, DO NOT close the inventory menu. This is the only chance that you can keep the amulet.
5. Un-equip the amulet and place it back to Small Ornate Lockbox.
6. Defeat Volar and teleport back to Tel Fyr tower to get your Daedric Crescent Blade even without the amulet in your inventory.
7. Check the Small Ornate Lockbox again upstairs.
I would advice everyone that quicksave is an essential tool for executing the steps above just in case of the screw-ups. Additionally, if you happen to have the Unofficial Morrowind Patch installed, this will give you a total of two amulets to keep (the Tel Fyr Amulet), provided that you'll be doing the "Two Daedric Crescent" exploit.
Also note that after teleporting back to Tel Fyr tower, the Daedric Sanctuary Amulet's script will be forever gone, which in turn prevents you from coming back to Volar shrine. Not unless you used the Mark spell earlier. 184.108.40.206 08:56, 6 December 2014 (GMT)
Ok, it's probably way too late to ask this, but just out of curiosity - whose shrine is this exactly? I mean, of the Daedric princes? Or is it just called thus because of the architecture\ inhabitants?--220.127.116.11 20:22, 16 June 2017 (UTC)