Morrowind talk:Loot the Mages Guild
Cheat for Xbox?
Is there a cheat like this for the xbox version?--ShakenMike 00:37, 24 February 2007 (EST)
- No, without the console, it is rather difficult to do much cheating on the Xbox. What problem are you having that you need to cheat? --TheRealLurlock Talk 09:50, 14 February 2007 (EST)
It's a quest where I need to steal for the thieves guild from the mage guild for steal Anareren's Devil Tanto item in Ald'ruhn Mages Guild.
- Well, yes, but what problem are you having, specifically? It's a little hard to help if I don't know what the problem is. If you just want to cheat and skip the quest, you're out of luck. Go buy the PC version. There's no way to do that on the Xbox that I know of. --TheRealLurlock Talk 14:50, 14 February 2007 (EST)
The problem is I can't open the level 65 chest with my spell that I made(40 over 60 hits on target
- You've got a few options then.
- Make a better spell. (Obviously you'll have to go to another city's Mages Guild to do it, since Ald'ruhn's is empty until you finish this quest.) Hopefully you'll have enough magicka to cast it, but you only need to do it once, so make the best one you can.
- Enchant an item. If your Alteration skill isn't up to snuff, you can pay for somebody to enchant an item with the Open spell which can be used by anyone. See Enchant for tips on how to do this. Alternatively, you might be able to find or purchase an already-enchanted item with this effect, but that a matter of getting lucky.
- Get an Ekash's Locksplitter scroll, they're available at some vendors and sometimes found as random loot in dungeons, though it may depend on your level. They can open any lock.
- Use a lockpick. You may need to practice your Security skill a good bit to be able to open this lock, so you should buy as many lockpicks as you can get, of the highest quality available for your level.
- If none of these are easy for you to do right now (some require you to have a bit of money to do), you can just hold off on this quest and come back to it later when your skills have improved, though you'll have to live with the inconvenience of having the Mages Guild hall be empty until you do it. --TheRealLurlock Talk 12:10, 15 February 2007 (EST)
- Another way to solve that problem--easy enough for a level 1 to do, and the way that I did it--is to go to Vivec's Foreign Quarter and find J'Rasha. He teaches a spell called Wild Open, that lets you open from 1-100 points. Not only is it rather cheap (in terms of magicka), but you can pretty much open anything if you had enough patience to quicksave prior, and reload for every attempt. Hope that helped.
Hey, I am having a really weird problem. Aengoth dissapeared! Did I kill him?
- First of all, if he disappeared and everyone else came back, it's because he only shows up during the quest. If he disappeared during the quest, leaving the Mages Guild hall completely empty, you either killed him and disposed of his course and forgot about it, or you trapped him somewhere (behind a door, for example). Either way, he's not very important.
- Unless you actually fought with Aengoth, it's unlikely that you killed him, but more likely he's suffered a glitch. I suggest opening the Console, (if you have it), and typing "RA" to reset actors such as Aengoth to their correct locations. If RA fails to bring him back, you may be able to use PlaceAtPC on him. Downstrike (talk) 20:06, 31 March 2013 (GMT)
who needs a burden spell?
you dont need to use a burden spell on him to stop him, just shut him in a room, locking the door is optional, well either way this is the better than a burden spell because he cant cast spells at you and its kind of funny to lock somebody in the storage closet heh-heh.
- Manis is the one who may cast the Burden spell. He truly is unimportant, so slaughter him and harvest his Extravagant amulet. I've never tried leaving him alive so he could finger me; if it even occurred to me, it seemed like a quick way to get ousted from the Mages Guild and a price on my head. Downstrike (talk) 20:06, 31 March 2013 (GMT)
Anarenen's chest and the vanishing tanto
Hello, I just skipped through old versions and found that the bug had been in there sometimes in the past. Someone removed it. (00:03, 2. Aug. 2010 Rpeh (Diskussion | Beiträge) K (3.572 Bytes) (Undo revision 590521 by 188.8.131.52 (Talk); untrue - the script doesn't care if you've opened it or not) (rückgängig))
Here's the deal: If a container has been emptied once, the AddItem function does not work. Test it, if you don't believe me. After the player puts something back in, AddItem will work fine again - this time indefinitely. Therefore the player will not get the tanto, if he emptied the chest before, unless he puts something back in before getting the quest. Karl1965 22:49, 23 September 2011 (UTC)