|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Edryno Arethi for business.
- Travel to the Prelude Shipwreck to recover a Daedric Wakizashi.
- Find the wakizashi in a locked chest.
- Return to Edryno Arethi.
Edryno Arethi in her house on the Hlaalu Waistworks in Vivec will ask you to recover a Daedric Wakizashi from the sunken Prelude Shipwreck, east of Bal Fell.
Finding the Blade
The wreck is on the third island due east of Bal Fell. The blade can be found on its lower level in a locked chest. Don't forget to check the rest of the wreck for loot, which you can keep.
Return to Vivec
Return to Arethi in Vivec with the blade to complete the quest and receive 500 gold.
- After the quest, killing or pickpocketing Arethi will yield the blade.
- You can only finish the quest by returning the exact blade she requests. A regular Daedric Wakizashi will not do.
- The ship's cabin has a level 40 lock on the inside, meaning if you can't pick it, you're stuck. The key is on the body of the Captain in the ship's lower level, so if you have low Security, find the key first, or prepare a Mark/Recall or any intervention spell in advance.
- It is illegal to rest on board the Prelude.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|The Shipwreck 'Prelude' (HH_SunkenTreasure)
||Edryno Arethi knows that the ship Prelude sunk east of Bal Fell. She believes it lies two or three islands due east of Bal Fell. I must find the Daedric Wakizashi that sunk with that ship and return it to Edryno Arethi.
||Edryno Arethi thanked me for returning the Daedric Wakizashi.