Morrowind:Rescue Joncis Dalomax
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Imsin the Dreamer in Buckmoth Legion Fort about Orders.
- Travel to Ashurnibibi.
- Make your way through the ruin to find and free Joncis Dalomax.
- Return to Imsin the Dreamer and report your success.
Travel to Ashurnibibi
Imsin the Dreamer in the Buckmoth Legion Fort will ask you to rescue a fellow knight, Joncis Dalomax, who is being held in the Daedric Shrine of Ashurnibibi, found northwest of Hla Oad, on the west coast. The quickest way to get there is to use the Ald'ruhn Guild Guide to travel to Vivec, from there take the boat to Hla Oad and follow the path north until you get to a bridge, after which the shrine should be visible to the west. If you have the Master Index, you can just go to the Dunmer stronghold of Hlormaren and go south until you get to Ashurnibibi.
Once you arrive there, enter the ruin. Make your way through to the shrine. There is a small passage that requires you to swim underwater. When arriving at the shrine you will encounter two hostile Orcs. Behind the big statue in the middle of the room there is a locked and trapped door, but one of the Orcs, Durgash gro-Rushub, has an Ancient daedric Key for it. Right behind the door you'll find Dalomax.
There is another way to Dalomax that allows you to circumvent the two Orcs. There is a passage behind some rocks to the left of the first pool of water. You must be able to jump high, or use levitation, to get over the rocks. Next follow a long passage underwater until you get to a locked and trapped door. After the door it is just a short way to Dalomax. He will not leave with you until his captors are dead though.
Once you find Dalomax and his captors are dead, speak to him and he'll thank you and tell you that he can make his way back out. Return to Imsin to receive her congratulations. (You'll get this response from her even if you are not Imperial Legion and happened to liberate Dalomax on your own initiative.)
- You must be wearing an Imperial Legion cuirass in order to talk to Dalomax if your Legion rank is below Knight Errant.
- If you are not Imperial Legion at all, he will talk to you and thank you for the rescue.
- If you report to Imsin about rescuing Dalomax before getting Dwemer Artifacts quest, you won't be able to get this quest anymore.
- If you are not a member of the Imperial Legion, and happen to kill Dalomax (or get him killed), Imsin will "kick you out" of the faction you don't actually belong to if you later talk to her, and her dialogue will always be in venting-about-Dalomax mode.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Rescue Joncis Dalomax (IL_RescueKnight)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Joncis Dalomax, a Knight Errant, has been captured. He is being held in Ashurnibibi, a Daedric Ruin on an island northwest of Hla Oad.|
|50||Joncis Dalomax thanked me for rescuing him. He will find his own way back to Hla Oad.|
|100||Imsin the Dreamer thanked me for rescuing Joncis Dalomax.|
|200||I told Imsin the Dreamer than Joncis Dalomax was already dead.|
|Prev: Dwemer Artifacts at Drinar Varyon's Place||Up: Imperial Legion Quests||Next: Maiden's Token|