The soundtrack was nominated for the Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition award of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Science, but lost out to Medal of Honor: Frontline.
|OTN||Original Title||RTN||Remastered Title||File Name||Length||Type|
|01||Call of Magic||01||Nerevar Rising||Morrowind Title.mp3||01:54||Special|
|02||Desperation||05||Bright Spears, Dark Blood||MW battle1.mp3||02:07||Battle|
|03||Dark Caverns||04||Over The Next Hill||mx_explore_1.mp3||03:05||Explore|
|04||Unity||03||Knight's Charge||MW battle2.mp3||02:05||Battle|
|05||Peace At Last||02||Peaceful Waters||mx_explore_2.mp3||03:06||Explore|
|06||Traveling Fanfare||07||Dance of Swords||MW battle3.mp3||02:14||Battle|
|07||Main Theme||06||The Road Most Travelled||mx_explore_3.mp3||03:15||Explore|
|08||Choices Made||11||Hunter's Pursuit||MW battle 4.mp3||02:19||Battle|
|09||Separation||08||Blessing of Vivec||mx_explore_4.mp3||03:16||Explore|
|10||Trick Suspense||09||Ambush!||MW battle5.mp3||02:34||Battle|
|11||Rise to Reality||10||Silt Sunrise||mx_explore_5.mp3||03:11||Explore|
|12||Break the Cycle||13||Stormclouds on the Battlefield||MW battle 7.mp3||02:11||Battle|
|13||Love Lost||12||Shed Your Travails||mx_explore_6.mp3||03:13||Explore|
|14||Forever There||15||Drumbeats of the Dunmer||MW battle 8.mp3||02:03||Battle|
|17||The Prophecy Fulfilled||mw_end.bik||01:12||Video|
|21||Nerevar Rising Reprise||02:14||Bonus|
Jeremy Soule's Comments
Jeremy Soule has shared some of his inspirations and background information about some of the tracks:
- Over the Next Hill
- In a waking moment from a dream, familiarity somehow coexists with a strange newness that can overwhelm the senses. Anything tangible is overtaken by the feeling of being in two worlds, neither of which are distinct. This music was my impression of that state. It was an approach meant to diffuse aural focus in a shift to the visual nature of the Morrowind adventure. Melodic beats (which typically give strong narrative direction) were replaced with harmonic color, and the world becomes a dream. For this directionless frame of mind leaves an opening for many interpretations, all reinforcing a personal connection to the game.
- Nerevar Rising Reprise
- Written as an exercise as a way to get my head back into TES, this was the very first track completed for Skyrim. 
- Morrowind... as revisited right around the time I began work on Skyrim. So, the textures and arrangement were updated and inspired by the original. It was fun to come back and have another look at this theme, which is now a bit like an old friend. 
- Most tracks were given a title on the soundtrack CD ("Original Title") included in the Collector's Edition of Morrowind, and later another title ("Remastered Title") when Jeremy Soule released a remastered version of the Morrowind soundtrack on DirectSong. The Original Title also corresponds to the 15-track CD seen on sites such as this one. The remastered album also contains three additional tracks and modified the order.
- Although the soundtrack is available for purchase from DirectSong, the same music can be found in the Morrowind data folder in MP3 format, except for Darkened Depths, The Prophecy Fulfilled, and the title theme reprise. Also, Introduction is not available as an MP3 in a Morrowind installation, but is embedded in the mw_intro.bik animation file played when starting a new game.
- Desperation and Call of Magic are available for download on the official site.
- Six songs from the soundtrack are featured in Shadowkey.
- All explore songs from the soundtrack (except the title theme, Call of Magic/Nerevar Rising) are featured in the Dragonborn add-on for Skyrim.
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition, AIAS
- Jeremy Soule, Facebook, December 12, 2015.
- Jeremy Soule, Facebook, October 5, 2014.
- Jeremy Soule, Facebook, July 25, 2015.