|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Chat with Edwinna about duties and Huleen's Hut.
- Travel to Huleen's Hut in Maar Gan to check things out.
- Take care of the Scamp inside the house.
- Free Huleen's apprentice, Listien Bierles, in the closet downstairs.
- Return to Edwinna to complete the quest.
Chat with Edwinna Elbert in the Ald'ruhn Guild of Mages and she'll tell you she's received reports that there has been some sort of disturbance in Huleen's Hut in Maar Gan. This has distracted her from her studies, so she wants you to check it out.
Off to Maar Gan
Since there's no Mages Guild hall in Maar Gan, the fastest route is by Silt Strider.
If traveling by foot, leave through the south entrance of Ald'ruhn, head west, and follow the signs northwest to Maar Gan. When you arrive, ask around town and you'll be informed that Huleen's hut is southeast, outside of town near the temple.
Once inside you will be attacked by a Scamp. Defeat it and loot the Key to Huleen's Hut. Open the locked door downstairs to find Listien Bierles, Huleen's apprentice. Chat with Listien to find that he summoned a scamp and lost control of it, causing the trouble.
Return to Edwinna
Head back to Ald'ruhn and report to Edwinna to be rewarded with a 10 point increase in Disposition and two Scrolls of The Fifth Barrier.
- If you fail to remove the key from the scamp, you'll find another one within the pile of clothing downstairs.
- If you somehow end up killing Listien Bierles and admitting it to Edwinna, you will be expelled from the Guild. If you blame it on the scamp, you will receive the Disposition increase but not the scrolls.
- Listien disappears from the game after completing this quest.
- Huleen does not exist in the game, and the items within the hut are owned by the similarly named Huleeya who is otherwise completely unrelated to the quest.
- If you kill the scamp and then talk to Edwinna about Huleen's hut before completing the quest A Potion from Skink-in-Tree's Shade, Edwinna will next ask you to Return Chimarvamidium (even though you never stole it), and Skink-in-Tree's Shade's quests will never be available to you, as he will always tell you he cannot give you duties until he finishes making the potion for Edwinna. This can be worked around by using the console command
journal MG_potion 10 and then completing the quest.
- You can kill the scamp and help Listien Bierles even if you aren't a member of the Mages Guild, since people in Maar Gan might mention the strange noises coming out of Huleen's hut. In this case, you'll get a journal entry about the quest, but even though Edwinna will ask you about the affair if you talk to her, she won't give you any reward and the quest won't close.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Huleen's Hut (MG_Apprentice)
||Edwinna told me that there has been some sort of disturbance at Huleen's hut in Maar Gan. I am supposed to investigate and put a stop to the disturbance.
||Edwinna was curious about what a Scamp was doing in Huleen's hut. She wants me to return to the hut and look for Huleen's apprentice, Listien Bierles.
||I spoke with Listien Bierles, Huleen's apprentice. He apparently summoned a Scamp and then lost control of it. Everything seems to be under control now.
||I put a stop to the disturbance at Huleen's Hut. Now Edwinna can get back to her studies.
||I told Edwinna that I killed Huleen's apprentice. She expelled me from the Mages Guild.