|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Tuls Valen in the Ald'ruhn Tribunal Temple for your duties.
- (Optional) Learn the spell Rilm's Gift (or a similar Cure Blight Disease spell).
- Travel to Maelkashishi to show compassion and cure Bulfim gra-Shugarz.
- Find Bulfim just inside the entrance and cure her.
- Return to Tuls to complete the quest.
Tuls Valen in the Ald'ruhn Tribunal Temple asks you to show compassion and cure Bulfim gra-Shugarz, a Sheogorath worshipper in Maelkashishi. You are given a Potion of Cure Blight Disease, but Tuls suggests you learn the spell Rilm's Gift (or a similar Cure Blight Disease spell) and return the expensive potion. Rilm's Gift can be bought from Folvys Andalor upstairs in the Temple.
An Act of Compassion
Maelkashishi can be found roughly northeast of Gnisis (southeast of Khuul) along the hill and mountain line. It is a Daedric shrine, so it is easy to spot. Bulfim can be found just inside the entrance and should not attack you on sight, though you may be attacked if you go further into the shrine. Cast a Cure Blight spell or give her the potion to cure her.
Return to Tuls for your reward: a copy of The Four Suitors of Benitah, a Restoration skill book, and further praise if you return the potion as well.
- If you already have the topic
compassion from another source, you do not have to be a Temple member to do this quest.
- The fastest way to get there is by taking the silt strider to Maar Gan and then heading west over the mountains.
- If you discovered the true Ash Mask during the Pilgrimages of the Seven Graces, you should already have Vivec's Touch.
- Returning to Tuls with the Cure Blight potion will cause the quest never to complete, since the dialogue script attempts to update the quest to non-existent stage 110. Returning without the potion will complete the quest correctly. This means that without a patch, the full disposition and faction reputation rewards can never be obtained.
- If you have already completed Tuls Valen's next quest and do not already have the topic
compassion, you can't start this quest. Enter the console command
player->AddTopic "compassion" to talk to Tuls about it. ?
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
||Tuls Valen wants me to reenact Vivec's compassionate healing of a foe. I must either learn the Rilm's Gift spell or use the potion he gave me to cure the Orc Bulfim gra-Shugharz of Ash-Chancre. Bulfim gra-Shugarz is in Maelkashishi. I can get there by heading east from Ald Velothi until I reach the mountains, then following the mountains south.
||I cured Bulfim gra-Shugharz.
||Tuls Valen thanked me for curing Bulfim gra-Shugharz.
||I told Tuls Valen that Bulfim gra-Shugharz was dead.