I have seen two mentions of something called the "Falinesti Incident", but can't find anything specific on it. It appears to be a sabotage mission carried out by the Blades against the Thalmor. Can somebody enlighten me with details or a link to a page, please? --Xyzzy Talk 15:38, 22 September 2012 (GMT)
- There's no more information on it. Obscure an event as it is, I don't think it's worth adding to the article. —Legoless (talk) 17:14, 22 September 2012 (GMT)
Date of Disappearance
I'm pretty sure ESO dialogue mentions Falinesti disappearing after the Soulburst, but I can't remember who says it. I know that one quest deals with an immortal Ayleid lady who was "left behind" by the city, although as far as I'm aware that was just the tree migrating and leaving her in the ground or something rather than vanishing from the Mundus. —Legoless (talk) 22:19, 20 April 2015 (GMT)
- "I am Farandare, and I've spent my lifetime trying to rescue the city of Falinesti."
- "Falinesti has not been seen for generations, but there are many who travel to the Sites. They need food and other supplies while they wait. Very profitable! If Walking City appears, well, Jarakh will be pleasantly surprised."
- Vordur Steel-Hammer (TINV1K) 00:15, 21 April 2015 (GMT)
- I guess that 'generations' would be in terms of Khajiit lifespan, not Bosmer. Other relevant lines from the data files:
- "One tale says Y'ffre turned Falinesti into a mountain when it was threatened by the Knahaten Flu." (So no sooner than 2E 560)
- "My husband was one of the thousands in Falinesti when it disappeared. I love him, and won't stop working at it until I've rescued him." (So it happened within the lifetime of this NPC; no idea who that is though)
- "Falinesti Summer Site is a legendary seasonal location for the Wood Elves' Walking City. But the city hasn't been seen in Tamriel for centuries."
- There are also several journals that talk about it, but I can't put a date of any of them.
- Rothondothrin's Journal - "I've heard rumors that the city has vanished"
- Nirwaen's Diary - Written when Falinesti was still around.
- Letter from Altholmir - "Another month come and gone and no sign of Falinesti."
- Letter to Firilia - "And I return only to find that Falinesti is no longer here."
- Long story short, I don't think we can provide any kind of a certain date. I'm inclined to disregard the Knahaten Flu reference and just say 'over a century' as the length of time the city's been missing. -- Hargrimm(T) 02:15, 21 April 2015 (GMT)
- "My husband was one of the thousands in Falinesti when it disappeared. I love him, and won't stop working at it until I've rescued him." - this is Farandare (Altmer), during The Summer Site quest. She also says, "All these years ... all my research. They all point to one thing: my husband is trapped in Oblivion!" ~Shuryard (talk) 13:54, 21 April 2015 (GMT)