I couldn't help but notice that the pictures for Barenziah are from very outdated versions of Daggerfall, and she is now a Dark Elf in the newer versions. This put fire in my belly to finally make a uesp wiki account and try to change this :)
I took a screenshot of Barenziah and have it ready to upload... However I have not been able to figure out how. The help page seems to be written for an older version of the wiki in some parts. I know this may not be the place to ask, but how would I upload a new version of the Barenziah sprite? I have two versions of her Dark Elf self: one with her in her Wayrest palace, and one with her in front of a pure white background.
If anyone else hears this, please help this page by replacing the Barenziah pictures with her actual Dark Elf versions -- I will try, as I have pictures of her ready to upload but am new to this wiki and have no idea how. Feel free to E-mail me if you want me to send you the pics. Barenziah is a Dark Elf in Daggerfall... not a Breton!! (this is also the case with her mate, Morgiah)
- This is the Daggerfall namespace, and therefore the pictures are representative of that particular game. If you go to Lore:Barenziah, you'll see that images from both Daggerfall and Morrowind:Tribunal have been included. --Aphotic Phoenix 09:13, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- The pictures of the Wayrest Dark Elves really are from the latest version of Daggerfall. It's only third party patches by Andy Polis and me that made them into Dark Elves, so I'm not sure whether the images here should be changed. -- DelphiSnake→T+C 14:27, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- Have just realized this, had no idea until recently that the new Daggerfall DOSBox included a bunch of tweaks and patches other people made. Hmm... though it was taken from a third party patch, technically is it still official since it was featured in the official Bethesda free release? I feel like it should be changed because this is the latest version which Bethesda has released, but at the same time it was originally third party. --Yal 23:10, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- Here's a shot I took in-game of Barenziah:
- I was thinking this should replace the current sprite photo, or if not at least on the side of it, because the versions of Daggerfall future players will be playing is the official version off the Bethesda website, where she is a Dark Elf. Though I won't replace if nobody thinks it's a good idea. Any thoughts?
- Here's another shot, with an all-white background if anybody is savvy at making it transparent:
- -Yal 23:17, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
Update on Barenziah's Images
I have decided to go with replacing the original Barenziah pics with the Dark Elf pics. Here's why:
- Barenziah the Dark Elf is included in the Bethesda's official newer releases
- Current and future players of Daggerfall, who will be playing for the first time, will be picking up this version
- Daggerfall's lore and books all mention she is a Dark Elf anyway
While it was originally a third-party mod which brought her Dark Elf self to life, it has been officially implemented in the new release Bethesda has put out. I wouldn't normally be for something like this, but on the other hand, she is INDEED a Dark Elf in ALL versions of Daggerfall lore.
I also had the thought of Star Wars: A New Hope. Originally Jabba the Hutt was human. New releases and later movies showed him as a Hutt. Any picture regarding Jabba the Hutt today now depicts him as a Hutt. I had figured this is the same with Barenziah.
Well that's my argument for it :) If anybody thinks it should definitely go back, you're free to change it back.
I have also included a trivia at the bottom explaining Bethesda's change in the matter, and will be adding the original Breton pics of Barenziah in a "More Images" section at the bottom.
-Yal 08:26, 29 November, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually it's not in the official release. It's included in DaggerfallSetup which a fan put together and does not come from BethSoft. However, that's probably the version of the game most people are playing now. -- DelphiSnake→T+C 17:12, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
- Oh. Well, I know the download link is on the elderscrolls.com Daggerfall page, but good to know :) -Yal
- Ah, that is my mistake then. I had not realized it was indeed a mod, since it is the version that is linked directly from the Bethesda website. I like the page where it is now, especially featuring the Dark Elf ones at least at the bottom, thanks for the input and edit. -Yal