User talk:TheRealLurlock/2007 07
|Prev: June||Up: User • Talk • Cookies||Next: August|
Yeah, that was me.
I'm not too sure on how to do these messages but I think that this is right, if not sorry. Anyways that IP is mine I evidentily was not logged in but I think I got it fixed now. And its not a problem helping you out with the NPC pages. I actually find it somewhat enjoyable. I've got a whole lot of NPC screenshots sitten in a folder that I'll put up soon. But in the meantime I am trying to learn the format of the NPC tables or charts or whatever they are called because I wrote a little app last night that saves me from havin to do most of the typing and formatting for the table and I am testing it out. Anyways sorry for babbling on but this is fun.lol And back to work I go. See ya.
- EDIT: I just looked at your first message and thanks for the pointers. I will keep them in mind. And jsut let me know if I am getting into 'your area' and I'd be happy to go and work in another. --— Unsigned comment by JNic (talk • contribs)
- No problems there, just it's annoying when two people are editing the same page at the same time and you have to merge edits afterwards, so to prevent conflicts, it's best if we just work from opposite ends of the alphabet. By the way, you should sign comments on talk pages by typing ~~~~ at the end of your post. Thanks. --TheRealLurlock Talk 19:53, 18 July 2007 (EDT)
This is it I promise.lol
Just wanted to say thanks again for all of your help and to apologize for cluttering up you talk page. It was just supposed to be and edit to my first message but I guess I should've just sent another mesaage. Thats it for now. lol ~~~~JNic
- Umm, don't use the nowiki tags on the signature, just the ~'s. I just did that so you'd see it rather than my signature in the middle of the sentence. Sorry about the confusion. --TheRealLurlock Talk 19:59, 18 July 2007 (EDT)
How do I put pictures like"This user is knowledgeable about Oblivion" ?
Do you want me to mark all of the empty NPC's that I add images to as stubs for you or are you going through all of them regardless?
- Well, I'm going to eventually. For now, though, it's probably best to only add images to NPC pages which already exist. Creating pages which have nothing but the image on them will lead to complications later on, when we try to figure out which pages still need info and which don't. Also, given how many thousands of NPCs there are in Morrowind, and the fact that a large percentage of them are completely unimportant and probably will not have their own pages, you should check first to make sure the pictures you're uploading will actually get used, as many of the minor characters will not. Yet another reason to stick mostly to the already existing pages. --TheRealLurlock Talk 18:25, 19 July 2007 (EDT)
- Believe it or not, that's actually his ID in the Construction Set. I'm guessing they originally had him as an Argonian and changed it maybe? Possibly to make the "Tarhiel" name work better - since it sounds more like a Bosmer name than an Argonian. As to the misspelling of "Argonian", I guess they just figured it's an ID that nobody will see and left it alone. Alas, we may never know... --TheRealLurlock Talk 22:29, 21 July 2007 (EDT)
Thank you very much for chartifying my Jobasha add on. It took me so long to list all of those lol. I tip my hat to you. --Playjex 09:40, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- I was kind of starting a similar project already, as you can see on Ababael Timsar-Dadisun. Hoping to get some kind of community approval before going ahead with all the merchants like this, but nobody seems to be paying attention... --TheRealLurlock Talk 09:44, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- Very cool! I'll help you in your project. This will be very interesting. I didn't see it in the Community Portal though. Good Luck. --Playjex 09:49, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- Well, I was already working on MW NPCs, and Daveh saw it and posted a chart of merchants' wares (see the section above this one on this page), so I decided to run with it. There may be complications, but we'll run into those when we run into them. (For instance, I'm noticing now that Jobasha is not included on his list, which makes me think there's probably many others that were omitted... We'll have to see what's up with that.) --TheRealLurlock Talk 10:27, 31 July 2007 (EDT)