Skyrim talk:The Lover's Requital
Finding Out Svidi is Lynly
How exactly does one find out that Svidi with the 'long, black hair' is actually Lynly who seems to have bleached her hair? I've been asking around in Riften and at the Bards' College in Solitute, but no clues. /Teatania
- I simply talked to different female bards until I stumbled onto Svidi. I actually thought she would be farther away from Riften to avoid the Black-Briars, so she ended up being the last bard that I spoke to. Lobsel Vith 19:39, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- If you listen to her dialogue with Wilhelm about her seeing a ghost near Shroud Heart Barrow, Wilhelm addresses her as Svidi not Lynly.--DagmarH 06:56, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
- On the page it says you can find her by using Sibbi's description of her. Since thats pretty much false shouldn't it be taken off the page?
This really seems like a half coded quest. Came here to figure out what I was doing wrong, and found out there's nothing more to it.
In my case, the very next city I visited after Riften was Ivarstead (following Under the Table and The Book of Love quests), and the first place I entered was the Inn, and the second person I talked to suddenly had the You are Svidi prompt out of the blue. I vaguely heard Wilhelm complimenting her on her skill (in the background as I was talking to Bassianus Axius). I never heard her sing. I never heard him call her Svidi, nor her mention seeing ghosts (needs to be documented on Lynly Star-Sung).
--DayDreamer 01:45, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
Will Lynly Star-Sung really be killed
Does anyone know whether Lynly Star-Sung will really be killed if you turn her in to Sibbi Black-Briar? I turned her in, then immediately fast-traveled to Ivarsted, but she was still in the inn just as friendly as usual and not upset or anything like that. Probably more time has to pass or something, but the question is — will she eventually be killed or not? George1 22:29, 4 January 2012 (UTC)
- At least you should wait for 8 months in order to get Sibbi released. --FelixH 16:17, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
Sibbi not talking bug.
I have encounter this bug twice with different results… both after I return from Ivanstead. Once he was in another cell which I proceeded to lockpick my way in to talk to him. The second time he was in his original cell but the gate cannot be lockpick (there was no option), however I was able to get a reaction & talk option after I cast a Calm spell directly at him. 184.108.40.206 07:53, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
- Article says "crouch down until you are hidden and pick the lock," which is rather pointless bit of advice (if he's in the right cell), as the lock isn't pickable (no interaction). If he's in the wrong cell, this would work. I did a TCL into the cell to talk to him. 220.127.116.11 19:42, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
Where's Sibbi's chest? The only chest I can find in the meadery is near the foor of the stairs, it's owned (stealing to take from it), and it's empty. If that's it, it's not much of a reward, but on the other hand it seems apt for someone like Sibbi! Peterguard 17:54, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- There is another chest at the bottom of the stair a level lower. It has unsual graphics and looks a bit like a bench. That is the one requiring Sibbi's Chest Key. --Alfwyn 18:08, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- Ah yes, so it is. I walked right past it several times wihtout giving it a second glance. Thanks. Peterguard 20:23, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Persuade on Lynly
With 100 base persuasion plus Blessing of Dibella, I was still unable to persuade Lynly. Only putting on the Amulet of Articulation allowed me to successfully persuade her. Is the persuade option broken for this quest, perhaps similar to Nelacar's persuade check in The Black Star? --18.104.22.168 06:55, 29 August 2012 (UTC)
- Yep, same problem. The Speechcraft check is running against the subject (her) instead of the target (player). -22.214.171.124 22:26, 12 November 2013 (GMT)