- 1 Weird Bug
- 2 Spouse dialog reset after Rescue mission
- 3 Spontaneous Rescue Missions
- 4 Vampire dying upon entry into dungeon
- 5 Spouse kidnapped, but...
- 6 My wife and I are no longer speaking
- 7 Becareful
- 8 Victim Already Dead
- 9 Master Vampire's Level
- 10 Cragwallow Slope: Made rescue etc. but Vampire Lord never spawned!
I got a combination of the two bugs already mentioned on the page. Had to rescue Orla from Halted Steam Camp, but she never left the Temple of Dibella in Markarth. I'm not married to the character, nor am I a werewolf (at this point in the game). Furthermore, I was still able to complete the quest by killing the Master Vampire at the camp and then talking to Orla at the Temple. Has anyone else experienced a similar bug? LoveWaffle 00:19, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
Spouse dialog reset after Rescue mission
I was given a Rescue quest involving Lydia. She gave the married response when freed although I was married to Shahvee, and when I returned to my spouse, her dialog was reset to when she first moved into the house. 188.8.131.52 20:09, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
Spontaneous Rescue Missions
I had been avoiding Dawnguard radiant missions for the past while, just to knock off a few larger quests and I hadn't spoke to Florentius at all. I arrived in Whiterun and approached Adrianne Avenicci at her workbench to sell off some goods. The dialogue she starts up with is the "You came for me!..." rescue dialogue. Next thing I know the "Rescue" mission is on and I am supposed to go to Fort Hammerfell to kill the Master Vampire. Anyone else have the Dawnguard radiant missions just activate like this? After receiving the mission I was able to trade with Adrianne as usual and she continued her work. (Magskall 02:13, 26 August 2012 (UTC))
- After heading out for a bit I came back and decided to take care of the Master Vampire at Fort Hammerfell. He was in the Garrison with the Bandit Chief - except the maker was there, but it indicated the floor. He wasn't in the mine or anywhere around the fort, just a marker in the floor in front of the chest. Going back to Florenties is no help, so I think that I am stuck and unable to end this mission. (Magskall 05:43, 26 August 2012 (UTC))
- I can confirm this bug (xbox 360). It happened to me today when I went back to visit my character's spouse (Lydia) at home (Lakeview Manor). I have added it to the bugs page. 184.108.40.206 18:14, 25 October 2012 (GMT)
- I can confirm it for the PC. I talked to Ulundil the stable master about buying a horse. He thanked me for rescuing him and a quest to "Kill the Master Vampire" popped up for the Uttering Hills Cave. No vampires or kidnap victims in the cave. Just bandits and a quest marker indicating that a master vampire should be standing next to the alchemy bench. Normal console commands like "setstage" don't appear to work to advance or clear the quest either. (Anthony Arndt 18:32, 03 February 2013 (UTC))
Vampire dying upon entry into dungeon
I received this quest and was directed to Gallows Rock. About 5 seconds after I entered the dungeon, I received a message saying "Kill the Master Vampire: Completed". After I freed the hostage, I continued to the final chamber, where Krev the Skinner was standing over the body of a dead Master Vampire. It appears that the normal inhabitants of the dungeon may attack and kill the hostage taker. I wonder if this may be dependent on who the inhabitants are. I added this as a bug to the article. --Xyzzy Talk 04:53, 5 October 2012 (GMT)
- I don't remember the details of it when it happened to me, but I have experienced this myself as well. I definitely remember entering a dungeon, then immediately getting a quest update saying that part of the quest was finished. I don't remember noticing anyone over a dead vampire's body (I don't even remember seeing the vampire, really) but I know that I ran through it pretty quick just to complete it and get out of there, so I could have easily missed that. Anyway, I've confirmed the bug note on the article. — ABCface◥ 05:03, 5 October 2012 (GMT)
Spouse kidnapped, but...
I got the quest to rescue my spouse, Mjoll the Lioness. However, Mjoll was in Fort Dawnguard with me as a follower. So I just talked to her and I completed the objective. Schiffy (talk) 20:03, 2 December 2012 (GMT)
My wife and I are no longer speaking
I have no other option. I had already rescued her from vampires once before without incident, but now hours upon hours later, talking to her triggers the Rescue mission and the objective points to a crate at the bottom of Redoran's Retreat. (AND I'm a werewolf, since that's apparently a problem too.) I don't suppose there's a fix for console players? Maybe initiate a proper Rescue quest by talking to Florentius? I just completed the Dawnguard questline too... SonGoharotto (talk) 02:32, 5 January 2013 (GMT)
- Success! Rescuing my wife from Redoran's Retreat was the very next quest Florentius had lined up for me, and now she's fine. Seems like the hostage behavior gets added to the target NPC before the quest is even received. Whew! SonGoharotto (talk) 16:18, 5 January 2013 (GMT)
This quest apparently can be generated anywhere, a radient quest can happen along side a standard one. For me it happened in Rennveigs Fast. Which ment slid the warlock was right next to the prisoner I was supposed to save. Since they were different factions slid kept shooting the prisoner in the face with fireballs.--Zar Pof (talk) 15:31, 24 February 2013 (GMT)
Victim Already Dead
I got sent to Cragwallow Slope to rescue Eydis, and when I got to the boss chamber, she was already dead. Thinking she may have tried to help me fight as I progressed through the dungeon, I reloaded and made my way to the boss chamber undetected, but she was still lying dead in the corner. Another bug, I guess. Has anyone else encountered this? EDIT: She isn't dead upon entering after all, but she is under attack (by the storm atronach, as far as I can tell) and I can't get to her in time to save her. REALLY frustrating. Username12345 (talk) 11:26, 12 May 2013 (GMT)
Master Vampire's Level
I dead thralled a Master Vampire from one of these missions, and he was later disarmed by a Draugr Deathlord shout. My character level is 114, so according to the vampire page, the Master Vampire should have been level 42, and therefore immune to the Disarm shout. So is this a special version of the Master Vampire that is associated with the "Rescue" mission? If so, does anyone know what his actual level is? Username12345 (talk) 14:01, 13 May 2013 (GMT)
- Only you are immune to it over level 30. "Draugr may stop using this shout after the player reaches level 30, as the player is immune to it. However, draugr may sometimes try to use the Shout on a lower-level follower, or use the Disarm shout on the player, to no avail." Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 02:12, 28 May 2013 (GMT)
Cragwallow Slope: Made rescue etc. but Vampire Lord never spawned!
My two part "Rescue" Dawnguard mission has me stuck in limbo because I could only finish half, so now I can't get any further missions!
I rescued my friend Nurelion (sp?) easy-peasy, but after quickly dispatching all the mages/conjurers no big bad Vampire Lord appeared. I even tried the tcl console command (lets you go through surfaces) to see if he was somehow hidden in an area beneath the floor that I hadn't found a path to, but no.. He just never spawned at all.
We, Bran and I, really wiped out that place fast though. They never knew what hit 'em. Those Dawnguard dogs are FUR-ocious! (Sorry, if I don't laugh I'm going to cry. I've wasted my whole summer Sunday looking for an answer to this...) 220.127.116.11 03:30, 19 August 2013 (GMT) Frustrated!