Skyrim talk:Khajiit Traders
Out of Sync?
In my game I've noticed that the Khajiit traders seem to go out of sync with one another. That is; after a while the group will become separated, such that you may only see a single Khajiit where the camp is supposed to be, while the other members of the caravan are still somewhere out on the road. For example, I've seen Kharjo and Dro'marash running along the road together with none of the rest of their caravan in sight.
Likewise I noticed that the camps that the Khajiit use can "glitch" such that the camp will be there even if the Khajiit are not, in particular I've noticed this with Dawnstar, meanwhile I've seen Ma'dran trading from an empty spot at Solitude where the camp should appear but has not (since no-one else is with him).
Anyway, it seems as if the timing for the Khajiit has become out of sync, which has most likely caused the problem because they're not waiting for one another or trying hard enough to catch up with one another, meaning that the caravans will eventually disperse in longer games. In my case I've been playing for 246 game-days. It would appear there are no checks to ensure the groups stay together, so I'm just wondering if any of these cases should be listed as bugs, and if so, is this the right page to put such a note on? -- Haravikk 12:17, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
- I've not noticed anything of that magnitude, but I have seen the camp appear before the khajiit a few times, and for example Ahkari will be leading the group but Kharjo will be slightly behind killing something -- apart from that I can't help you sorry. AcE x EPiiCzZ 15:13, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- Same here. Either empty camps, or the khajiits are here and the camp isn't settled. I've encountered them on the road several times and regulary not in group. Usually the vendor is ahead and the others are several yards behind, running to catch up with their leader. There's probably a difference in the time they're supposed to arrive/leave and the time the camp appears/disappears. As for the reason they're not always together, it's probably just because they didn't spawn at the same time since it's dependant on the player's position. Anyway, I'm surprised none of this is mentioned here yet, I thought it was pretty recurrent. 220.127.116.11 19:17, 22 March 2013 (GMT)
Location outside Whiterun?
- If you start at the stables go forward and left.But don't go through the battlements.If you know what I mean.--Skyrimplayer 23:21, 16 August 2012 (UTC)
Do they steal something?
Khajiit are known as thiefs. And always when i buy something, i actually hide in there tent. But is there something in the game, maybe a random encounter, that makes them try to pickpocket you, wether when your buying something or standing there?
- No its not in game , only mod can make this type of thing Ciberzombie (talk) 05:46, 22 October 2017 (UTC)
Traders Not at Their Camps
I keep finding the khajit trader groups standing around their campsites without actually making camp. No tents and no fires in the firepits. I passed it off as the five billionth glitch in Skyrim and tried not to worry about it. Then I went to Markarth and found a campsite with no khajit. I travelled to Solitude, and there they were standing around with no tents or fire. So obviously the game has the khajit trader caravans at one campsite but their camp is being set up at their other site.
Has anyone else seen this, or am I getting another glitch that no one else is getting?18.104.22.168 19:38, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- Then again, maybe not. I found an empty camp with tents outside Whiterun, headed down the road looking for the khajit, passed two of them, never saw the other two, had a random encounter, walked back toward Whiterun, and there they were - all four of them doing their usual campsite stuff. 22.214.171.124 20:57, 8 February 2019 (UTC)