Skyrim talk:Hunting the Monster
- Gunmar sent you to citizen, which has that vampire's letter (in my case that was jarl's court mage in Riften).
- You must obtain this letter (using persuade, bribe or intimidate in dialogue).
- Map updated. :)
- kill vampire & return to Gunmar. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 06:40 on 27 September 2012
- Sorry, if i cause inconvenience. English is not my native and i don't understand how to edit Quest Walkthrough (which contains inaccuracies). So, i put comments here. :(
- 18.104.22.168 07:40, 28 September 2012 (GMT) SteamID - Spathi_Kulibyka
Sorry for not using the edit, but i have difficulties using it. Given quest to kill Master Vampire in Embershard but cleared through zone and just had the location arrow on a chair with no Vampire to kill. As it is a radient quest it will sit in my quest book forever along with tge other bugged quests. Im on PS3 --22.214.171.124 07:57, 26 March 2013 (GMT)
An instance of this quest sent me to talk to Elrindir in The Drunken Huntsman to get information on the vampire. I tried using the brawl option and he states the line indicated in the article but the brawl never starts. If I try to punch him after that, it counts as an assault instead. I tried removing all my equipment before talking to him, as well as reloading a save before the dialog but nothing ever happens. Either I am mistaken in reading the chart in the article and brawling always fails or this is some sort of bug. 126.96.36.199 04:12, 15 August 2013 (GMT)
- Reminds me of a bug with Hofgrir Horse-Crusher. However, I must insist you tell me which one. "You don't scare me." or "You don't scare me. Let's go.". The second one leads to a brawl, while the similar previous one doesn't. You may just have to bribe him or reload to continue. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 04:19, 15 August 2013 (GMT)
Radiant Quest Givers?
I just got this quest from Maramal in Riften. I picked his pocket & got the Letter from the Vampire. Then I Persuaded him & got this quest...hmmmm, maybe other quest givers? I haven't done the quest yet, but we'll see how it plays out.
- Judging by this data, if I understand it correctly, the quest can only be given by Gunmar. However, you can also get the quest by pickpocketing a letter from an NPC (not just Maramal) or by taking it from a container. I'll undo the references to Maramal for now and will add a note, however all the possible options of getting this quest still need checking. ~Shuryard (talk) 13:00, 28 April 2015 (GMT)
- It looks like you've nailed it, Shuryard. From everything I see in the CK, the quest can be shortcut if you happen to find the person with the letter, and if this quest has been started (which occurs behind the scenes to some extent, so may not be obvious to the player). The number of people who could carry the letter seems to be rather large, at a glance—anyone who's flagged as a boss in a dwelling—so I don't think we could easily make a specific list. Since you won't know where the letter is going to be, starting the quest by this method would be more of a fluke than something you could plan on. I'd say adding the note, as you have, is about the best we can do. – Robin Hood (talk) 20:41, 28 April 2015 (GMT)
I got the quest from Gunmar, and proceeded to Falkreath to talk to the Jarl's steward, Nenya. She gave me the letter, which sent me to a location added by a mod - Wyrmstooth. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 12:50 on 18 July 2018