Skyrim talk:Bound Until Death
- 1 Balcony
- 2 Other ways to kill her
- 3 Bonus
- 4 Problem with carriage outside Solitude
- 5 Bow?
- 6 Forget the invis pot + bow trick. (PC 1.1)
- 7 Fast Travel trick to avoid the bounty will forfeit the bonus.
- 8 After the quest
- 9 Minor Easter egg
- 10 Optional Looting
- 11 Bryling
- 12 Always Hostile?
- 13 Interesting to note
- 14 The Stormcloaks Say Hello
- 15 Penitus Oculatus opportunity
Not entirely sure what is going on but while upon the balcony with the bow on i actually cannot seem to get an arrow to get past the front row of the audience, let alone get to her or hit her. If i drop off the balcony everything works fine but i obviously get a bounty instantly. It's like im not pulling the bow back, but tried multiple times, holding it for a few seconds or even longer makes no difference. I can only assume glitch as the second im down on the ground i can fire normally and with enough power to drive an arrow through her head accurately. (Killerchronic 03:34, 15 November 2011 (UTC))
- Ok so after several more goes it appears that during her speech your bow ability is useless, as she pauses to go through the door, firing then you now fire correctly and can take her down. No idea why but this doesn't work everytime either, tried 8 times now, twice its worked. Wish i saved after one of the ones that worked. (Killerchronic 03:34, 15 November 2011 (UTC))
Other ways to kill her
The ways suggested to you aren't the only ways she can be killed. My personal favorite was slipping the groom a frenzy potion while they're on the balcony together (or you could just slip her one). Obviously you have to be rather stealthy to pull this off. Drinking an invisibility potion from within the pickpocketing menu would probably help too (I didn't try this). Do it right, and no one will ever suspect you. After the groom killed his bride, I walked around the wedding and talked to everyone there (in her wedding dress) and no one shouted or tried to kill me. Poor Veezara stood around with nothing to do after starting a fight and killing one guard. It's fun being a stealthy assassin. :) Kamiccolo 03:37, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
- I crouched behind Vittoria and Asgeir. One-shotted Vittoria and then Asgeir with my mace. Since he was the only one who actually saw me kill Vittoria, my bounty was erased. The balcony still became mobbed w/ guards and friends of the now-deceased bride and groom. Cast Subterfuge (from Skyrim:Darkness Returns) and let everyone hack each other other up. Came back and looted the corpses (which now included Vulwulf, Nura and a city guard) then went on my merry way. Got the full contract bonus. Bootstomp 03:18, 6 December 2011 (UTC)
- If one sneeks up beside the dragonhead above the balcony, it will prove to be loose and you're able to give it a push - timed correctly, that is when they have both arrived on the balcony, gravity sorts out the rest! And you can peacefully and undetected leave the scene. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 21:07 on 17 January 2012
This topic is now closed.
Is it just me, or does getting the bonus require using the gargoyle? I assassinated her with an arrow during the speech, and was not given the bonus. --Koden 04:32, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- I managed to kill her with the bow, run into the church, kill the named guard that came after me and flee the city (using fast travel) before Veezara talked to me and got the bonus (this however wanst on first try) --Gouranga 11:04, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
- Killed her with a single shot from the bow, placing myself so that the low pillar at the corner of the walls in front of me blocked her husband's view of what I was doing. Then I drank an invisibility potion and jumped off the balcony into the courtyard, and walked out through the crowd before anyone caught on. Jumping from the balcony does not cause injury and avoids the break in invisibility caused by having to open the door. Very quick and neat, no bounty at any time, and full bonus. -- 188.8.131.52 11:49, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- From the answers given so far, I'd guess that receiving the bonus depends upon your character remaining unidentified as the murderer. 184.108.40.206 10:32, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
- I correct myself: "In addition, if Vittoria was murdered while speaking to the audience, you will receive a leveled amount of gold as a bonus." I copied that from the wiki. 220.127.116.11 10:48, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
- There's something else more to it, though. I shot her with the bow and arrow thoughtfully supplied by Gabriella, from the balcony where those are found, in the middle of the first line of her address. I then fast-travelled to Katla's Farm outside of Solitude, where the quest completion notification came up. Astrid informed me that I'd failed to kill her during her speech. I suspect it was the fast-travel, but I'm not sure.18.104.22.168 22:40, 10 March 2013 (GMT)
Problem with carriage outside Solitude
You cannot use carriage for fast travel until you have spoken to Veezara. I bribed off guards & cleared my bounty and went to carriage outside Solitude. However, when you try to talk with carriage driver nothing happens and trying to climb on carriage gives message "you cannot use this while in combat". To fix this you need to go back and speak to Veezara.
If you do not wish to meet Veezara, there are several options: 1) fast travel by using overview map WORKS. 2) Fast travelling away and then back to Solitude (Katla's Farm) also triggers carriage to work normally again. 3) Wait (by using wait-dialog) for several hours and then try to talk to carriage driver. 22.214.171.124 13:43, 25 November 2011 (UTC) JT
I never got the bow, 6 arrows, and the Trueshot potion. --Shm0key 18:39, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
- theyre on the the oppisite balcony and i only find 3 arrows — Unsigned comment by Striker Z (talk • contribs) at 01:34 on 29 November 2011
Forget the invis pot + bow trick. (PC 1.1)
The invis pot trick does not work. I could still see the arrow at tip of my bow after having fired, from the menu. Drank pot. Got the normal 40 bounty then shortly after the 1k. Stealth was on, in a dark corner, 100 sneak, 5/5 stealth.
Back of the gargoyle worked perfectly however, people went hostile only briefly. Veezara spawned on top of me. Vulwulf, Nura, Penitus and Asgeir all were found dead. I wonder if this is supposed to be the outcome. I don't like dead towns, so will try again and fast travel quickly to enforce the event to stop, so they don't kill eachother. Veezara is camping the entrance to wedding, standing there with his sword drawn. I don't know who killed who, but Vulwulf and Nura did attack me. Penitus and Asgeir were both found dead next to eachother out in the courtyard.
2nd gargoyle attempt. Fast traveled as soon as I could, then fast traveled back to see the results. As soon as I entered courtyard Veezara came running, said his thing and proceeded to cause the distraction. He charged Penitus and two hit him, before he camped entrance again. I guess, had I gone to Astrid and finished quest before visiting Solitude again, even Penitus would of survived, but then there would be no looting of the bride I assume.
- Invisible after shooting does work; I shot from ledge above Firiniel's End. Depending on your stealth-- 100 sneak + player crafted sneak ring (60%) the eye should be partially open but not detected. You need to move from your previous position because eyes will be on that location. If you're wearing armor you also need muffle or NPCs will continue to track you. Just sneak around the ramparts until the eye reads hidden. An extended or multiple invis pots, or having the spell definitely helps make this easier. Then just wait a hour to be sure it doesn't glitch out. You should be able to loot the corpse, talk to guests, or even guards with no repercussions. 126.96.36.199 05:58, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Confirmed, it does work. I did the killing in stealth mode (only 72 stealth at the time) from the "bow ledge", although I used my own bow and arrow pair; better than the planted one, immediately drank an invis pot (immediately as in before she even hit the ground), then I dropped of the ledge to the left still facing the bride's speech balcony. You land on the ground just outside the temple door (to the right of that door as if you were exiting the temple) in a corner under a tree. I listened to the fighting on the ledge above me until it ceased, then just walked away. Never spoke to Veezara, although I heard his hissing during the after-fighting. Full bonus, no bounty. Walked to loot the bride and groom's body (he died in the melee afterwards) on the way out. --188.8.131.52 04:43, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
- Can also get full bonus and keep guests alive. Used bow from ramparts above the "bow ledge", popped invis pot immediately after firing. With sneak at 99, stealth 1/5, and Silence perk I used multiple invis pots while I walked over next to the gargoyle, dropped down on the quickly filling balcony, looted Victoria's body, dropped onto the wedding trellis directly below that before Veezara could talk to me, ran towards the main gate, entered sneak mode in front of the Winking Skeever, and was able to fast travel barely a moment later. Came back, no bounty, and Vittoria was the only casualty. Talking to Astrid after I got the bonus reward. Corellian Queen 09:06, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
Fast Travel trick to avoid the bounty will forfeit the bonus.
If you use the fast travel trick to avoid the bounty, you will forfeit the bonus for the kill while speaking, even if you kill her when she is on the balcony speaking. Torinir 06:22, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
After the quest
Three "hostile" penitus occulatus guards spawn on the bridge in solitude, they don't attack but prevent fast-travel from nearby. The exit out of solitude doesn't disappear either, so if you go up the stairs to the bridge from solitude, you're forced to exit the city when you try to go down. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 16:51 on 14 December 2011
Minor Easter egg
Minor Easter egg, probably not intended, but...."Silence has broken" is a song sometimes sung at weddings. Oshaugm 20:04, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
The bride's loot varies and is likely leveled. I reloaded a few times to see if the loot got better and it did not-- it varies but its not spectacular. There are some unique items as mentioned in the wiki, but the rest is similar to a bandit boss. The wiki makes it seem like you're missing out on a treasure trove of gems and you're not. Looting her is only worth it if you desire her unique but inexpensive
murder trophies items. 220.127.116.11 06:06, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
Curiously, thane Bryling ceases to be essential following completion of this quest which is odd given that she neither attends the wedding ceremony nor has anything to do with this quest whatsoever. Think that should be noted on the page?18.104.22.168 08:26, 4 November 2012 (GMT)
The article mentions remaining unseen in order to allow you to mingle with the guests after the murder, however no matter what method I employ all the guards in the castle dour area turn hostile, even if I'm still hidden (or invisible!), and any attempt to return has them attacking me on sight, even though I have no bounty. Anyone have any idea what's going on? My favoured method is to drop the gargoyle while remaining unseen, but I just can't go back without being attacked until I've completed the quest, at which point the guests are gone.
Also on a related note; where does Vittoria's body end up once everything is cleared away? I would assume the Catacombs but I can't find her body anywhere, any specific location anyone can give? Also, does she keep the Wedding Dress etc. when her body is moved? -- Haravikk (talk) 20:29, 21 November 2012 (GMT)
Interesting to note
Do be careful that you don't accept this quest while you still have a contract out as it seems killing the contracts target starts Honor thy Familly if you do accept this quest.22.214.171.124 15:38, 5 August 2013 (GMT)
The Stormcloaks Say Hello
Penitus Oculatus opportunity
Although the Emperor doesn't attend his cousin's wedding, one of the wedding guests is an unnamed Penitus Oculatus soldier, presumably sent by the Emperor as a sign of Imperial authority, and maybe as a security measure.
On my playthrough of Bound Until Death, it turned out that during the mayhem that follows the bride's assassination, this particular unfortunate P.E. soldier was the sole casualty, being attacked by both Jarl Elisif the Fair and Veezara. This was an opportunity to collect some of the rare-ish Penitus Oculatus gear, which may be of interest to the "collector/museum curator" type of Skyrimmer.
It simply was dumb luck that things turned out this way for me, and the experiences of others will certainly differ. But for anyone looking to add to their collection, it might be worth coming prepared with a Frenzy Potion and reverse-pickpocketing this P.E. soldier (if he survives the wedding party aftermath) when things calm down.Evil-i (talk) 21:09, 31 January 2015 (GMT)